Tiguin R 190 DSG - 2 Years Old - 2 Years Contract Left - To buy?

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
SlimPollack

Re: Tiguin R 190 DSG - 2 Years Old - 2 Years Contract Left - To buy?

Post by SlimPollack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:37 am

Tig190DSG wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 am
Not really sure the point of your post, i don't own the car right now, and have not said i do?
Really? Are these then my words:
Hi guys,
Stuck in a bit of a pickle at the moment :D
I have a late 18 plate Tig 190 DSG owned her since new, was 2 years old as of last week. Cars immaculate and detailed monthly
So my point is to me you seem to be unaware of your legal situation re your PCH agreement with VWFS. You are asking questions here without providing clear and correct details so the guys here are providing you with info that might not be applicable to your case. And I just wanted to clarify this but you seem to be offended by all my posts. Sorry to be so scrutinuous but that's one of the skills they pay me for in my job.
Tig190DSG wrote:
I have spoken to VWFS directly regarding my policy which i can confirm is the same as you had Contract Hire and as it stands, if i want to purchase the car at the end of the term they will sell it to me, these were the words spoken direct from somebody who settles finance @ VWFS this week, so this information is the latest and greatest.
OK, if you want to go by the words of Dave or Cindy (apologies to Daves and Cindies) on the other side of the phone and disregard what is stated in you PCH agreement I have nothing else to add in this topic.
2016 Pure White Tiguan SE Nav 2.0TDI 150PS 2WD manual - handed back on 18/01/2019
2019 Pure White Tiguan R-Line 2.0TDI 150PS 4Motion DSG - collected on 18/01/2019

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:12 am

As SlimPollack has stated, it is very unusual for VWFS to offer the car for you to purchase at the end of a Contract Hire agreement, but you state you have a ‘verbal’ agreement that it would be possible.
What I would do is get VWFS to put that in writing, as it may go against the terms of your Contract Hire. That way you will have proof that the option has been granted to you.
If it’s not granted in writing I think you’d be hard pressed to push VWFS to honour a ‘verbal’ agreement!

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Tig190DSG

Post by Tig190DSG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:25 am

Essjay wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:12 am
As SlimPollack has stated, it is very unusual for VWFS to offer the car for you to purchase at the end of a Contract Hire agreement, but you state you have a ‘verbal’ agreement that it would be possible.
What I would do is get VWFS to put that in writing, as it may go against the terms of your Contract Hire. That way you will have proof that the option has been granted to you.
If it’s not granted in writing I think you’d be hard pressed to push VWFS to honour a ‘verbal’ agreement!

Steve
Thanks for the positive input, i will contact them now !

Tig190DSG

Post by Tig190DSG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am

SlimPollack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:37 am
Tig190DSG wrote:
Not really sure the point of your post, i don't own the car right now, and have not said i do?
Really? Are these then my words:
Hi guys,
Stuck in a bit of a pickle at the moment :D
I have a late 18 plate Tig 190 DSG owned her since new, was 2 years old as of last week. Cars immaculate and detailed monthly
So my point is to me you seem to be unaware of your legal situation re your PCH agreement with VWFS. You are asking questions here without providing clear and correct details so the guys here are providing you with info that might not be applicable to your case. And I just wanted to clarify this but you seem to be offended by all my posts. Sorry to be so scrutinuous but that's one of the skills they pay me for in my job.
Tig190DSG wrote:
I have spoken to VWFS directly regarding my policy which i can confirm is the same as you had Contract Hire and as it stands, if i want to purchase the car at the end of the term they will sell it to me, these were the words spoken direct from somebody who settles finance @ VWFS this week, so this information is the latest and greatest.
OK, if you want to go by the words of Dave or Cindy (apologies to Daves and Cindies) on the other side of the phone and disregard what is stated in you PCH agreement I have nothing else to add in this topic.
Well somebody clearly disregarded what was in your hire contract agreement by offering to sell you the car at the end of the term then too??

If you phone VWFS and choose option 2 then option 6 it literally gives the option "if you are interested in purchasing your contract hired vehicle" press 4.

Maybe this is something new they are pushing, i don't know.

For it to be an option on their official land line, it cannot be that rare - I'm sure you get my drift..

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Essjay wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:12 am

Steve
it's not at all unusual though to be fair it's not actually VWF. You can go directly here www.purchasemyvehicle.co.uk
This is actually BCA remarketing solutions, on behalf of VWFS. Once they get the nod from VWFS that they can put the car to auction, it's fair game if you want to buy it.
I put all my details in and when I saw the price they wanted....... I went straight online to order another lease.
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

mrew - out of interest, how did the BCA asking price on that website compare to say the Cap price...or any of the valuations given out by parkers or honestjohn ?

Presume it was a little higher?

tammma

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 pm
it's not at all unusual though to be fair it's not actually VWF. You can go directly here www.purchasemyvehicle.co.uk
This is actually BCA remarketing solutions, on behalf of VWFS. Once they get the nod from VWFS that they can put the car to auction, it's fair game if you want to buy it.
I put all my details in and when I saw the price they wanted....... I went straight online to order another lease.
They've changed over the years - they used to say no way could you buy it (I believe this was something to do with VAT on leased vehicles), then they said a friend or relative could buy it, and now, as above, they direct you to a third party.

Every time I've seen the offer pricing discussed, people have always thought it was too high - my brother had a Golf on lease from VWFS and the price was full forecourt retail, where of course he'd have had warranty etc if buying that way,
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Tammma wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm
mrew - out of interest, how did the BCA asking price on that website compare to say the Cap price...or any of the valuations given out by parkers or honestjohn ?

Presume it was a little higher?

tammma
A couple of £k higher than I would have liked (main dealer forecourt money)
And financially cheaper (albeit short term) to get the R line Tech that I'd wanted, on another lease.
No regrets.
Though my old lease car remains in taxed, and worth less and less each time I look
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Mrew,

Makes commercial sense. If they make it too cheap, you will buy it.

Make it a few quid more than actual valuation and they take a second bite of the cherry, or alternatively incentivise you to buy a new car, which is what they really want...

Welshwolf

Post by Welshwolf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi, understand the post is a little old now but wanted to share my experience as I purchased my Tiguan after leasing the original vehicle from VWFS.
Her goes Purchased/took delivery of my Tiguan Oct 17 Model - Tiguan TDI 150 4WD R Line white extras included factory fitted tow-bar, reversing camera which Includes park assist.
PCP (not PCH) Lease, VWFS 10k per annum, 3 year contract - £412 a month Total paid £14832.
Whilst contractually there is no guarantee you can purchase the car, you can check up to 3 months before the end of the contract via BCA website and it will provide an offer.
In my case they wanted 21.4k for the car.
My decision was either to buy or return, lease another vehicle or buy same/similar from dealer with similar spec/age.
I personally love the car, I knew its history, no issue generally to date etc also I tow with it so meant I didn't need to look for one with a tow bar.
I decided finally to buy the vehicle.
Overall I paid £36232 for my Tiguan (including lease payments) which when new it had a retail price with extras £36625.
Not a huge saving but for sure a saving overall as PCP would have incurred additional interest etc.
I was lucky the purchase of the vehicle I paid cash.
In terms of warranty I purchased VW extended warranty (All component cover) 10k miles per year, £100 excess £277
I did at the time look for vehicles in VW forecourts same spec/age but they were asking £23.5 to 25k depending on milage etc. could not find similarly priced with such low milage and difficult to find with FF tow bar.
I think in the end it comes down to personal preference. I made a choice to keep the car for at least another 3 - 4 years purely on the basis I know the history as I have owned since new, we are in a transition period of electrification/hybrid etc. so want to wait and see how the next 3-4 years evolve in vehicles especially for towing.
PS we do own another vehicle for the daily run arounds etc.
Good luck.