All Season tyres?

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
archie159

Re: All Season tyres?

Post by archie159 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:57 am

JaiCee wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:10 pm

Do you know where you got them from as I'm interested in doing the same
Online. In the end I used MrWinterWheels, but there were a few other websites offering similarly priced deals, but his were just about the best priced and he was very responsive with questions I had to ensure I got exactly the right sized alloys (offsets etc). Cost me £780 total for four new alloys with four 215/65 R17 Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 tyres fitted and delivered (there was a pre-winter discount running at the time). They are the same radius as the fitted alloys/summer tyres, but clearly a different ratio between alloy and tyre. I swap them over myself (though they are quite heavy, and it's not as easy as other cars I have had where the bolts stick out from the hub assembly, taking the weight of the wheel while you tighten the nuts)

(The Michelin Cross Climates which I fitted permanently on my other car (a Honda) came from tyresonthedrive, who also had an offer on at the time and were as well priced as anyone else I could find, and clearly I needed those fitting on the original alloys of the car so could not do it myself fully online).
2017 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 150hp auto (second hand)

deepbass

Post by deepbass » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:52 pm

"though they are quite heavy, and it's not as easy as other cars I have had where the bolts stick out from the hub assembly, taking the weight of the wheel while you tighten the nuts"

Hi archie - Can't remember where on Amazon I got mine, but you can purchase a steel alignment tool that temporarily screws in one of the hub stud holes to take the weight of the wheel. A great help 8-)
Sept 2017, 2.0 tsi 180 SEL DSG 4Motion, Carribean Blue, Storm Grey Leather, Park Assist Reverse Camera, Elec. Tailgate, Heated Screen, Voice Activation, Wireless Phone Charger, 4th Year Warranty

BoughtonMike

Post by BoughtonMike » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:03 am

;)
Michael

Tiguan Indium Grey Metallic 2019 (reg 1 March)
1.5 evo TSI 150 SEL DSG : Dynaudio : Keyless : Electric boot : Retro fit rear camera via dealer : TPMS

archie159

Post by archie159 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:36 am

deepbass wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:52 pm
"though they are quite heavy, and it's not as easy as other cars I have had where the bolts stick out from the hub assembly, taking the weight of the wheel while you tighten the nuts"

Hi archie - Can't remember where on Amazon I got mine, but you can purchase a steel alignment tool that temporarily screws in one of the hub stud holes to take the weight of the wheel. A great help 8-)
That's a great idea - I wasn't aware these existed. I'll go searching Amazon now! Thank you.

EDIT - I've now found what you mean. They seem to come in different sizes, and unfortunately their fitting guide says that VW uses 2 different sizes. Does anyone know what the correct size is please? (Of course, I will check the manual also, but I'm not sure I have ever seen this sort of tech spec detail in any manual!). The item description says:
BITS4REASONS E-TECH NEW MODEL QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL M14 X 1.25 (OTHER THREAD M12 x 1.5, M12 x 1.25 and M14 x 1.5 SEE DESCRIPTION FOR MORE INFO)
The fitting guide says VW use both M12 and M14...
2017 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 150hp auto (second hand)

deepbass

Post by deepbass » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am

M14 is the correct size
Sept 2017, 2.0 tsi 180 SEL DSG 4Motion, Carribean Blue, Storm Grey Leather, Park Assist Reverse Camera, Elec. Tailgate, Heated Screen, Voice Activation, Wireless Phone Charger, 4th Year Warranty

thejanners

Post by thejanners » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Blackcircles are doing deals on Michelin tyres until 30th August - LOYALTY15 is the discount code that I was sent
Tungsten Silver R-Line Tech, DSG, Petrol 230 BHP, Mudflaps, Towbar. :D

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:51 pm

Wish the cars had the option of being fitted with All Season tyres from new - I think cars ordered in Germany have that option.

I recall an article from Continental saying that, in the UK, it'd be perfectly OK to run full winter tyres year round. We do that on a Honda Jazz in the family - running Michelin Alpins - it's absolutely fine and they last longer than the summer tyres the car came with from new.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.

Jlstxi

Post by Jlstxi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 pm

We did the same last year bought 4 Goodyear 4 seasons from Costco. Had a deal on at the time think all four came to £380ish. Drive and handles as good as summer and great in the snow when we had some