Driving Modes.......

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
johnnytro

Driving Modes.......

Post by johnnytro » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Day to day, tell people.

Are you all ECO. drivers? sports modes? other?

Just interested.

thejanners

Re: Driving Modes.......

Post by thejanners » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:45 pm

I use the individual mode with sports suspension and steering. Everything else in normal mode (but then I did come from a GTi Golf)
Tungsten Silver R-Line Tech, DSG, Petrol 230 BHP, Mudflaps, Towbar. :D

Ekhangel

Post by Ekhangel » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:26 pm

You must have good roads in your locality, then. If I were to do this, I'd risk losing my dental fillings. I drive on comfort 99% of time. The 1% is sports.
'19 Tiguan Allspace 1.5 TSI; apologise for non-native language flaws

Wildcat

Post by Wildcat » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Started off in eco mode, but switched to normal mode as there isn't that much of a fuel saving between the 2 imho.
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

I like to use ‘Individual’ settings, but the only setting I set to ‘Sport’ is the ACC. I find that if I leave ACC as normal, then when pulling away from a stationery queue of traffic with ACC, the acceleration is too slow, and a lot of the time you get budding Lewis Hamiltons decide they should overtake you and swerve into the gap left between me and the car in front.
With the ACC set to Sport the acceleration from a standstill is much brisker which seems to alleviate the gap filling problem.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

thejanners

Post by thejanners » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Essjay wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm
I like to use ‘Individual’ settings, but the only setting I set to ‘Sport’ is the ACC. I find that if I leave ACC as normal, then when pulling away from a stationery queue of traffic with ACC, the acceleration is too slow, and a lot of the time you get budding Lewis Hamiltons decide they should overtake you and swerve into the gap left between me and the car in front.
With the ACC set to Sport the acceleration from a standstill is much brisker which seems to alleviate the gap filling problem.

Steve
Dont seem to have that with a pedal box :D :lol: :lol:
Tungsten Silver R-Line Tech, DSG, Petrol 230 BHP, Mudflaps, Towbar. :D

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Essjay wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Steve
Sounds like a good opportunity to test Launch Control...

John27

Post by John27 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:47 pm

I leave my suspension (DCC) in normal mode as the Sports suspension can make the ride a little 'choppy' on some of our poorer UK roads (sport DCC is fine on motorways but probably not needed). I also generally leave the DSG in Drive for use in urban areas (I don't get the delay that some members seem to get so see no need for a pedal box) but put the DSG in sport mode for motorways and A roads etc - great for overtaking.

I find comfort mode for DCC is too soft and if I wanted to use eco mode, I wouldn't have got a 230 Tig - I have a bit of a lead foot.

Of course, all this is down to personal choice. I suspect if you ask 10 owners what their set up is, you will get 10 different answers. The important thing is to enjoy the Tig as the drive can be rewarding.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion DSG - White with Vienna Leather, Head-up Display, TPMS, Side Scan & Voice Activation

Tubemonster

Post by Tubemonster » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm

https://youtu.be/JMJhOSdxQVg Use it like this guy :D
Tiguan SWB R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG - Tow bar
Ordered 11/08/18 ///Build date 21/01/19///In Transit 19/01/19 (early)///Arrived in UK 24/01/19
Collected 16/2/19 🎉

Musket

Post by Musket » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:48 pm

I’ve had my Tiguan since the beginning of last month and have covered just over 3,000 miles in which I experimented a bit.

I now put steering and ACC in sport and everything else in normal. Seems to suit me although everybody is different.
Tiguan TDi190 SEL in Tungsten Silver registered Nov 2019
Leather, keyless and factory tow bar