Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Configurator now live

8K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  carib230sel 
#1 ·
New Elegance and R Line now on the configurator. All DSG for now and R line with updated 200ps diesel. Some new colours and different wheels. Elegance largely follows SEL plus rear view camera, KESSY and multi colour interior lighting as well as the IQ Leds. R Line loses the pan roof (though it's a cheaper option tha it uised to be)

#3 ·
Not a lot to get excited about.
Might have to look elsewhere as mine is 3years old.

#4 ·
Not impressed with the configurator myself, I think anyone wanting a new Tiguan should be rushing out to buy the old model

Theirs lots I don't understand one is why does the Elegance a sunroof but not a Rline?
Another is the space saver is an option now while the spacesaver is the same price as a full size wheel.
Then why have they dropped Tungsten silver.

As it is I won't be buying one.

#5 ·
Base model and Life also on configurator now.

Strangely, Elegance doesn't seem to have an option of leather seats whereas the RLine and Life do, albeit only if further extras are selected which bumps the cost up to £2k+ on the Life model.

Also, fog lights don't seem to be standard or an option on any of the models. Maybe with the IQ.LIGHTS they are felt not to be necessary.

#7 ·
xtrailman said:
You have to select black interior to get the leather option on the Elegance.
I'm pretty sure we'll see some changes to the options going forward, but from what I've seen I'm in no hurry to 'upgrade' to the facelift model, all the time I feel it would be a downgrade from what I have at the moment.

Steve

#8 ·
No fog lights, no option for same. But they're on the Golf GTI ?

No option for the black pack/black edition that's available in Europe either.

Completely underwhelming choices, looks like I'll be going elsewhere for my new motor. Shame that 😬

#10 ·
Some strange changes to what's standard and what's optional... as noted, the loss of the sunroof on the R-Line is odd when it's still standard on the Elegance and I can't quite tell whether the R-Line still has Area View as standard- it seems to appear in the options list but without a price???

Lack of a spare wheel is a particularly mean cost saving measure too.

I wouldn't be in any rush to switch, but I will be keeping an eye out for the eHybrid model when that launches over here in the UK. I wonder how the pricing will work out compared to the id4...

#12 ·
Lorveney said:
xtrailman said:
You have to select black interior to get the leather option on the Elegance.
Are you sure? Even selecting black it seems to be saying 'Seat trim covers in ArtVelours', plus it doesn't pop up an 'add to the cost' box like it does with the R-Line.

Am I missing something?
I could be confusing the elegance with the Rline?

#14 ·
Essjay said:
Interesting to see no 4Motion option on the petrol models.

Steve
Only petrol I see is the 1.5?
4Motion was never offered on that lump. probably due to emissions and WLTP economy
my 1,4 4Motion was pretty poor on economy unless on a long run.

#17 ·
ozone456 said:
...and where is the R? Will it be the first Tiguan with a £50k base price?
I think they said it would start at 58k Euro, Second most expensive VW model on sale except for the Toureg.

#18 ·
Underwhelmed I'm afraid, all DSG and dull colours. I thought this might be the case having looked at the configurator on the German site. Decided to swap my current machine for an Audi Q3 S-lne 1.5 manual which is now on order for March when my current PCH ends.

#21 ·
No Panoramic roof (£945), no areaview cameras (£720) and no spare wheel(£215). Takes the savings over the previous model to very little.

Are the IQ.Lights standard on the R-Line as they are an option on the configurator but standard on the Elegance?

EDIT: Also no electric Tailgate as its now a a £320 option.

#22 ·
Elegance does look to be favourite and Oh I like the way "Elimination of nameplate for engine designation on luggage compartment lid" is shown as Standard Equipment! :lol:

#24 ·
THat dolphin gray must be the worst color on a car ever. Lots of people gonna choose it cause of the "in" factor and in a couple of years they will look at their car and realise how badly it aged.

#25 ·
Fenderiaris said:
THat dolphin gray must be the worst color on a car ever. Lots of people gonna choose it cause of the "in" factor and in a couple of years they will look at their car and realise how badly it aged.
I agree, it looks like they've left the top coat of paint off, and left just the undercoat!🥴

Steve

#26 ·
the new climate controls are awful. trying to change those on the move is going to be dangerous, as far as I am concerned.
if the 2022 Tiguan is like that I will be off to BMW x3. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.