Facelift - first thoughts a week in

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Pauld888

Facelift - first thoughts a week in

Post by Pauld888 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 pm

I was an early adopter of the Mk2 Tig R Line and it gave me 4 years of fault free driving. At the end of my 4 year PCP I looked around the market and there was no other SUV which offered the same tech at this price point, so I settled on the facelift and awaiting its release.

VW finance extended my PCP by 6 months and I put in a factory order due in January. Somehow I had £4K equity on my old Tig (!) and with discounts I am paying less on the facelift than i did 4 years ago on the original.

Brexit was always a risk and played on my mind and by chance while getting the now old Tig serviced, I spoke to the sales manager who found a near identical match to my factory order, already in the UK.

My new facelift 1.5 DSG R Line was ready to collect a week later and comes with Black Pearl, leather seats, Harmon/Kardon, pan roof, Discover Pro, rear camera and HUD.

The option I missed out on was the IQ lights dynamic indicators and instead of that option this car has the HUD.

I didn’t think I’d like the HUD and I don’t - unlike the description in the brochure, it doesn’t project directly onto the windscreen, it has a small glass screen that looks a bit tacky in my opinion. Not worth a £500 upgrade.

From reading previous posts about the facelift, most concern is around the touch controls. I can confirm they are intuitive, sensitive and work very well. Both on the steering wheel snd the heating controls. After a few days it felt familiar . I would be honest and say if they were naff, but I like them and it makes the interior feel a bit fresher.

The Harmon/Kardon is crisp and clear but not as bassy as the old Dynaudio system, but it does sound better quality.

Anyone thinking of purchasing and have any questions, I’d be happy to help!
Facelift Tiguan R Line petrol 150 DSG, deep pearl black, Harmon/Kardon, pano roof, HUD, Leather, Rear camera, Discover Pro

Deleted User 3073

Re: Facelift - first thoughts a week in

Post by Deleted User 3073 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Hey there,

Pleased to hear about your initial impressions.

I too have been looking at the facelift, thinking of the reflex silver, but it’s proving difficult to find stock of this colour.

Like you, I want the IQ lights, which once again is proving difficult to find stock so it’s looking increasingly likely it will have to be a factory order.

One question is around the 1.5 petrol DSG, which seems to be the popular choice at the moment.

I currently have a 2.0 diesel DSG.... how does the 1.5 perform and feel? I’m slightly nervous it would feel underpowered.

Simosim

Post by Simosim » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 am

Pauld888 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 pm
I was an early adopter of the Mk2 Tig R Line and it gave me 4 years of fault free driving. At the end of my 4 year PCP I looked around the market and there was no other SUV which offered the same tech at this price point, so I settled on the facelift and awaiting its release.

VW finance extended my PCP by 6 months and I put in a factory order due in January. Somehow I had £4K equity on my old Tig (!) and with discounts I am paying less on the facelift than i did 4 years ago on the original.

Brexit was always a risk and played on my mind and by chance while getting the now old Tig serviced, I spoke to the sales manager who found a near identical match to my factory order, already in the UK.

My new facelift 1.5 DSG R Line was ready to collect a week later and comes with Black Pearl, leather seats, Harmon/Kardon, pan roof, Discover Pro, rear camera and HUD.

The option I missed out on was the IQ lights dynamic indicators and instead of that option this car has the HUD.

I didn’t think I’d like the HUD and I don’t - unlike the description in the brochure, it doesn’t project directly onto the windscreen, it has a small glass screen that looks a bit tacky in my opinion. Not worth a £500 upgrade.

From reading previous posts about the facelift, most concern is around the touch controls. I can confirm they are intuitive, sensitive and work very well. Both on the steering wheel snd the heating controls. After a few days it felt familiar . I would be honest and say if they were naff, but I like them and it makes the interior feel a bit fresher.

The Harmon/Kardon is crisp and clear but not as bassy as the old Dynaudio system, but it does sound better quality.

Anyone thinking of purchasing and have any questions, I’d be happy to help!

Hi....

Any chance of some pics ??

Cheers..
VW Tiguan Solid White 70 plate 2.0 RLine Tech Diesel DSG 4Motion. Contract Lease. Ordered June delivered Sep 2020

scifipleb

Post by scifipleb » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 am

I'd expect the Harmon/Kardon to be a massive upgrade over the Dynaudio, which pumps out too much bass for the speakers in the Tig. Are the speakers much improved?

Congrats on your new motor btw :)
230 TSI

tmg349

Post by tmg349 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm

You started something here......just ordered a facelift Tig. 1.5 TSi DSG Elegance Nightshade Blue with addition of Area View, Discover Pro, Wireless Phone Charging, Heated Windscreen, Harmon Karden Sound, Driver Assist Plus and Ergo Active Front Seats. Estimated deliver Feb 21

Photos of demonstrator to see the colour attached.

D2D80107-4C7A-4965-A6F4-638AE5A71632.jpeg

46B0AA3B-160A-48F5-9777-010654D8F7B7.jpeg

1FCEAD83-7BA4-4FF4-AF94-893CDA61143A.jpeg

1.5 Tsi DSG 150, Elegance, Nightshade Blue, Area View, Harmon Karden Sound, Discover Pro, Wireless Charging, Heated Windscreen and Ergo Active Seats. Ordered 19 Nov 20 Delivered 30 Jan 21. PrevIous 2.0 Tdi DSG 150 SEL

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm

everything nearly on the face lift is great , although you now have to pay for some of the extras that were there before.

the one thing i have to say that has been an unmitigated disaster is the climate controls, there is a tendency to be to simplistic . The controls i have used are cumbersome and dangerous. JLR , BMW and some of the Korean and Japanese's makes have ensured physical controls.

The reviews in What car and Auto express have support my view.

sorry the rest is still very good on a lovely car ,
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

Pauld888

Post by Pauld888 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Just to answer a couple of the questions - I went from the 2L diesel DSG to the 1.5 petrol DSG. The petrol is quiet and very smooth. Slightly less torque at lower speeds but not much. More torque as it speeds up. Obviously less money. First fill up shows range of 400 miles whereas got 600 on the diesel. Would choose the petrol over the diesel overall.

Harmon/Kardon does sound better quality than the dynaudio, but does lack bass in comparison. But much clearer snd detailed sound and not muffled by excessive bass as with the dynaudio.

If I had a choice of rotary dials or touch controls for the heating, I’d choose touch for sure, it works well. But of course it won’t be for everyone.

One other thing I’m really liking is the chunky sporty heated steering wheel - feels great.

Some pics attached.

B3406BAC-FB53-4D19-8BFA-E232E6B474DC.jpeg

E4036832-127C-43B9-A808-A33468311426.jpeg

572FBAAA-E3B2-4D69-9BE9-B22DA16948E4.jpeg

Facelift Tiguan R Line petrol 150 DSG, deep pearl black, Harmon/Kardon, pano roof, HUD, Leather, Rear camera, Discover Pro

Andy1979

Post by Andy1979 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:20 pm

tmg349 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm
You started something here......just ordered a facelift Tig. 1.5 TSi DSG Elegance Nightshade Blue with addition of Area View, Discover Pro, Wireless Phone Charging, Heated Windscreen, Harmon Karden Sound, Driver Assist Plus and Ergo Active Front Seats. Estimated deliver Feb 21

Photos of demonstrator to see the colour attached.
Good choice, I'm getting my facelift 1.5 DSG elegance delivered on 7th Dec.

Mine is completely stock as I went for a car already in the supply chain and it has everything I need.

I had the choice of Nightshade Blue or Moonstone Grey. Went for the grey only because Nightshade Blue is too similar to the colour of my wife's car (and I'm too lazy to keep it clean vs the grey). Have seen in a demonstrator in the blue and it's a lovely colour.

@Pauld888 - car looks fantastic in black. Thanks for your thoughts on petrol vs diesel - I too am coming from the 2.0 TDI. Thought the 1.5 petrol was great in Karoq and Ateca I test drove. Will be thirstier, but more than offset by lower purchase price and also depreciation, not to mention AdBlue.
Tiguan Elegance 150 TSI DSG 2WD Moonstone Grey

Jeremy_SWE

Post by Jeremy_SWE » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Really good write up. Those wheels look really nice btw.
1.4tsi 150ps DSG6 4M
Pure white
19" Victoria
Ergo-active seats w.massage
Discover media NAVI
Sign assist
AID
Full keyless+electric tailgate
Tow pack w.camera
Aux-heater w.remote
Heated wheel
Dynaudio
Wireless charger
Side/rear scan
Amb.light pack

tmg349

Post by tmg349 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Pauld888 - how has the Discover Pro worked for you so far. Is the wireless Android App / Apple connection working well? Does the system connect to the internet without connecting a phone?
1.5 Tsi DSG 150, Elegance, Nightshade Blue, Area View, Harmon Karden Sound, Discover Pro, Wireless Charging, Heated Windscreen and Ergo Active Seats. Ordered 19 Nov 20 Delivered 30 Jan 21. PrevIous 2.0 Tdi DSG 150 SEL