Facelift - first thoughts a week in

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Pauld888

Re: Facelift - first thoughts a week in

Post by Pauld888 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:54 pm

tmg349 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Pauld888 - how has the Discover Pro worked for you so far. Is the wireless Android App / Apple connection working well? Does the system connect to the internet without connecting a phone?
Love the discover pro and I appreciate the bigger screen. Wireless CarPlay works very well and is so much better to the last 4 years I’ve spent with wires! It connects automatically.

There is an inbuilt SIM card I think, and that connects to the we connect system. There is also WiFi in the car but to be honest I’ve not figured it out yet. There is an option to buy a data plan, perhaps for this reason? I’m not sure I’d need that?
Facelift Tiguan R Line petrol 150 DSG, deep pearl black, Harmon/Kardon, pano roof, HUD, Leather, Rear camera, Discover Pro

Spinny

Post by Spinny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 pm

tmg349 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm
You started something here......just ordered a facelift Tig. 1.5 TSi DSG Elegance Nightshade Blue..

Photos of demonstrator to see the colour attached.
Is that the same colour as all the brochures? And as per the one in the carwow review posted today?

I only ask as it looks like a fairly flat blue in your pictures whilst elsewhere it looks quite green.

Also, we love the ergo active seat in ours, mainly for the fact the front of the seat base can be raised up for thigh support but the lumbar support is appreciated I see the new ones don't come as standard with it and wondered what the seats are like compared to old SELs. £420 is a fair bit to pay just to get the raising function (rarely use the massage function).

tmg349

Post by tmg349 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 am

Spinny - The colour is the same as the CarWow review, but not sure it’s the same as the brochures. It does seem to change from Blue to Green/Blue in different light. Looks good though.
I am adding the Ergo Seats as I find the massage function helpful with a back issue.
1.5 Tsi DSG 150, Elegance, Nightshade Blue, Area View, Harmon Karden Sound, Discover Pro, Wireless Charging, Heated Windscreen and Ergo Active Seats. Ordered 19 Nov 20 Delivered 30 Jan 21. PrevIous 2.0 Tdi DSG 150 SEL

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Old thread I know, but from the dash image on page 1, it looks like the music playing in apple car play is mirrored in the digital cockpit (top right). Do I assume from then that apple car play can mirror its information onto the digital dash ?. If so, is the same also true for Apple maps - will they show on the instrument cluster on the 2021 facelift Tiguans’s ?
Ordered then cancelled - 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue Metallic, Panoramic Sunroof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, electric tailgate, DCC, heated windscreen and lots of other options