All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
LspaceJ

Facelift Carwow review

Post by LspaceJ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm

2018 180 TSI R-line in Atlantic Blue

chillyman50

Re: Facelift Carwow review

Post by chillyman50 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:15 pm

yep have not found anybody yet who says the steering controls are better , and the climate controls are an absolute disaster, it would stop me replacing mine.

be more like JLR, BMW, and Japanese they have deliberately decided not to replace some controls through touch or the MMI.
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Interesting review, however I see no compelling reason(s) to upgrade from my low mileage 4 year old SEL, which has all of the extras I need, some of which incidentally were standard on mine but seem to be extras on the facelift. Again the ‘buttonless’ controls are causing controversy. It seems they’re definitely a ‘marmite’ experience.
If I were buying new then possibly the 1.5 petrol DSG would be my choice, with a few extras to spec it as I have now, or more likely a change of manufacturer altogether.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Hartside

Post by Hartside » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Must admit I’m not convinced. I’m currently looking at either a BMW X1, X3 or Volvo XC40. Or I might just hold onto my Tiguan for another year
2.0 TSI SEL 4motion DSG, Indium Grey, reverse camera and park assist
Ordered 13th March, picked on Thursday 8 th June :D

Statto1927

Post by Statto1927 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm

This is an interesting thread. My 4 year PCP is up in May next year and I’m currently conflicted about whether to stump up the final payment to own the car, or take another PCP. I quite like the new face lifted model (on paper), although not yet having seen/sat in one in the flesh.
The key point for me is that after having retired last year, I’m down from c14k miles a year to (currently targeted 7-8k). Obviously COVID has influenced that, but it’s not going to be anywhere near what I was doing before, so sticking with a diesel probably not the best idea - which lends itself towards a new petrol....but still a Tig, or a smaller T-Roc? Love the Tig..........
What to do.... :D
SEL 2.0 TDI DSG Caribbean Blue 4Motion

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Only my personal view, but with anything under 10k miles a year you’re probably better off with a petrol. Not just because of the lower mileage, but your journeys will be mostly short ones now you’ve retired (mine certainly are).
If it were me, I would be looking at the 1.5 petrol Tig DSG, as I honestly don’t think I would be happy with smaller T-Roc after the comfort of the larger interior.
Ultimately you have to judge what you’re requirements are now you’ve retired, mileage, journey length, comfort and not forgetting finance. With 6 months left on your PCP, at least you’ve time to have a good think about it.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Statto1927

Post by Statto1927 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Essjay wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:13 pm
Only my personal view, but with anything under 10k miles a year you’re probably better off with a petrol. Not just because of the lower mileage, but your journeys will be mostly short ones now you’ve retired (mine certainly are).
If it were me, I would be looking at the 1.5 petrol Tig DSG, as I honestly don’t think I would be happy with smaller T-Roc after the comfort of the larger interior.
Ultimately you have to judge what you’re requirements are now you’ve retired, mileage, journey length, comfort and not forgetting finance. With 6 months left on your PCP, at least you’ve time to have a good think about it.

Steve
Time for some visits to the dealer and test drives I think..... ;)
SEL 2.0 TDI DSG Caribbean Blue 4Motion

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Hartside wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 pm
Must admit I’m not convinced. I’m currently looking at either a BMW X1, X3 or Volvo XC40. Or I might just hold onto my Tiguan for another year
i would go for the xc40, although if you pay the extra cash the x3 xline or the s line q5 are my picks, those are the ones i will go to. although you can also consider the JLR discovery sport out of the three, the most comfortable :D .
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

SkyJawa

Post by SkyJawa » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:15 am

It’s hardly a glowing review is it, seems to be average! The touch controls and lack of tray tables (which are really useful and we use frequently) make me even more certain we would not change our 2019 SEL, if we did it wouldn’t be a Tiguan. Tray tables replaced by some naff pockets for a phone, nice penny pinching VW!
2019 Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI 230
30/05- ordered, 06/06 - with factory, 08/06 - confirmed - week 27, 05/07 - left factory, 05/07 - in transit - 5a
09/07 - shipping - 5b, 13/07 - near UK - 5c, 16/07 - in UK - 6, 19/07 - arrived - 7, 25/07 - collection!

KBEE

Post by KBEE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 am

Nice review - the criticisms levelled seem very fair - touch controls that aren’t as good as the old buttons and dials and the cost of extras like a reversing camera (which should be standard - and were pre-facelift!) being the main points.

I wouldn’t be persuaded to trade in my current car early, but with electric cars looking to be the future, I probably would look at the eHybrid when my PCP is up and the time actually comes to think about replacing it.

It’s a shame VW won’t fully electrify the Tiguan as it still looks a much better car inside and out than the id4.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 1.5 Petrol DSG, Indium Grey