Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

New map

15K views 79 replies 25 participants last post by  thejanners 
#1 ·
Their is a new map for the discover media released 23/11/20 if anyone is interested.

#79 ·
I'm confused over the speed limits not reading correctly. I have a MY19 and updated for the first time to this map update a short while ago. The errors in reading signs were still there...

I realised that a 70MPH dual carriageway was reading correctly from a 70 sign and the map agreed. it was when you pass a "national speed limit applies" sign (white circle with diagonal black stripe) that the sign went to 60, as it thinks our national speed limit is 60. Ditto built up areas are 30 if it sees a 30 sign but 20 otherwise, as I assume it is 30KPH in built up areas for most other countries.

That all seems to fit but some people on here are saying that it used to be OK in earlier maps. If what I think above is true, new maps wouldn't change the "national speed limit" and "built up area" setting? I assume there was once a map update with a new software version too?

If that's the case, perhaps might be worth a bit of digging into other files in the update, as it may be possible to revert to the software version whilst updating the maps. I might be completely wrong here but just a thought...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.