New Tiguan owner - a few questions!

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
keenu

New Tiguan owner - a few questions!

Post by keenu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

Hi all,

I picked up a 70 plate Tiguan R line Tech 230 PS last week. I had a 2017 S3 Saloon previously, so a bit different, but with 2 young kids i needed something with a bit more space! Happy with it so far, although the initial pickup does seem a little sluggish ;)

So this is the first car i had with keyless functionality. I noticed when you switch the engine and ignition off by pressing the start engine stop button, the infotainment system stays on until open the car door. The AID stays on for about 30 seconds too but then switches itself off but the music continues playing (using SD card) until I open the car door and then it switches off. Is this normal? I read somewhere you should press the start engine stop button twice but all that does is switch the ignition on/off and the AID comes on/off too by doing this.

Also, I have had the drive mode in Normal mode and noticed that the car goes into Eco mode automatically when coasting and it just displays D in the AID without a gear showing. When I put push the accelerator pedal again it goes back into gear. Again is this normal, even in Normal mode? I would expect this to only happen in the Eco driving mode.

Thanks!

Russboy

Re: New Tiguan owner - a few questions!

Post by Russboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Yep, all sounds normal.

As you have keyless, top tip, when you get out of the car, lock with the remote and as the mirrors fold in touch the door handle to disable keyless to prevent key cloan theft.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230ps with running boards, Blackvue DR750S-2CH, Maxton design front splitter and rear spoiler extension, TPMS, Heads up display, Swivelling Tow Bar, fully lined boot for protection from the hounds!

keenu

Post by keenu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Thanks! Seems a bit strange the Discover Media stays on as do not want to drain the battery with the ignition switched off but can turn off manually if required or just open the door so no biggy.

Thanks for the tip. I also got a steering lock and some Faraday pouches.

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the the forum and congratulations on the new car.

As Russboy has said everything you mention is normal.

Just one thing you might like to know if you do not already, when you get out the car and lock the car with the key fob, if you press the door handle where there would normally be a key hole while the mirrors are folding you hear another beep and that means keyless entry is disabled, this will stop anyone being able to try to open the car using's a keyless car hack, you have to press the button on the remote to open the car.

Make sure after pressing the handle area that the mirrors remain closed and the door locked, if you do not do this quick enough or wrong then your unlock the car.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Russboy

Post by Russboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm

I've not found a Faraday pouch that lasts long term so just made it habbit to switch off keyless entry. Ditto on the steering lock, Stoplock Pro on the Tig, Pro Elite on my Abarth.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230ps with running boards, Blackvue DR750S-2CH, Maxton design front splitter and rear spoiler extension, TPMS, Heads up display, Swivelling Tow Bar, fully lined boot for protection from the hounds!

Russboy

Post by Russboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Just one thing you might like to know if you do not already, when you get out the car and lock the car with the key fob, if you press the door handle where there would normally be a key hole while the mirrors are folding you hear another beep and that means keyless entry is disabled, this will stop anyone being able to try to open the car using's a keyless car hack, you have to press the button on the remote to open the car.

Make sure after pressing the handle area that the mirrors remain closed and the door locked, if you do not do this quick enough or wrong then your unlock the car.
Only if you have enabled beeps, which I suspect we both have :lol:

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Russboy wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Only if you have enabled beeps, which I suspect we both have :lol:
Good Point ;)

keenu

Post by keenu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Thanks guys, will be sure to try this out. How do you enable the beeps though?

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:46 pm

keenu wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm
Thanks guys, will be sure to try this out. How do you enable the beeps though?
I did mine with the OBD Eleven coding.

Not sure if they have at last added this feature as standard on the new model, i assume they have not.

keenu

Post by keenu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Ah ok, no worries, thanks

Also one other thing, I noticed the accelerator pedal is raised slightly and gives me a bit of a foot ache when using for long periods! If I put the seat in the lowest position its fine but I can't see over the bonnet then lol. Anyone else noticed this? I guess it is just the raised height of the car and i need to get used to it.