New Tiguan owner - a few questions!

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Tricky

Re: New Tiguan owner - a few questions!

Post by Tricky » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 pm

keenu wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

So this is the first car i had with keyless functionality. I noticed when you switch the engine and ignition off by pressing the start engine stop button, the infotainment system stays on until open the car door. The AID stays on for about 30 seconds too but then switches itself off but the music continues playing (using SD card) until I open the car door and then it switches off. Is this normal? I read somewhere you should press the start engine stop button twice but all that does is switch the ignition on/off and the AID comes on/off too by doing this.

Thanks!
This is the equivalent of keyed vehicles, you turn the key round to off and engine and dash etc go off, but the radio stays on till you actually pull the key out of the slot.

One complaint everyone has with keyless, is the interior light doesn't come on till you open the door. Unless they fixed this with the facelift.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:08 am

I tried to turn on the horn beep on lock but it was one of the only codings that didn't quite work.

Does anyone have the steps they followed on hand?

Also does the door handle trick also disable the opening of the boot?

Thanks
T

Russboy

Post by Russboy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 am

Tammma wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:08 am
I tried to turn on the horn beep on lock but it was one of the only codings that didn't quite work.

Does anyone have the steps they followed on hand?

Also does the door handle trick also disable the opening of the boot?

Thanks
T
I did mine by Carista.

Door handle trick disables everything associated with keyless so pressing the button on the boot lid won't work, I suspect the same with the leg sweep.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230ps with running boards, Blackvue DR750S-2CH, Maxton design front splitter and rear spoiler extension, TPMS, Heads up display, Swivelling Tow Bar, fully lined boot for protection from the hounds!

keenu

Post by keenu » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 am

Tricky wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 pm
keenu wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

So this is the first car i had with keyless functionality. I noticed when you switch the engine and ignition off by pressing the start engine stop button, the infotainment system stays on until open the car door. The AID stays on for about 30 seconds too but then switches itself off but the music continues playing (using SD card) until I open the car door and then it switches off. Is this normal? I read somewhere you should press the start engine stop button twice but all that does is switch the ignition on/off and the AID comes on/off too by doing this.

Thanks!
This is the equivalent of keyed vehicles, you turn the key round to off and engine and dash etc go off, but the radio stays on till you actually pull the key out of the slot.

One complaint everyone has with keyless, is the interior light doesn't come on till you open the door. Unless they fixed this with the facelift.
Yes, I didn't think about it like that. Guess i just need to get used to it as use to the key method way. Will look at the light thing too.

iamkplunk

Post by iamkplunk » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi guys, taken delivery of my Elegance 1.5 - Reflex Silver on Friday.

Great car, love the tech, ambient lighting colours and all but how do I disable the Road Sign Detection malarkey? I like the idea of it telling me the speed but I don't like how it detects the speed then automatically slows the car down (slightly harsher than I would aswell)...

What would I be looking for if I was to turn this off?

Thanks.

phope

Post by phope » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Press Menu on the head unit, then drivers assistants, then the cogwheel icon for settings in the bottom right - then you can make you preferred settings for al the driver assistants for predictive cruise, route recognition, etc
2020 Tiguan 1.5 Elegance DSG
2017 Arteon 2.0 TSI DSG

lagerorwine

Post by lagerorwine » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am

Russboy wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 pm
Yep, all sounds normal.

As you have keyless, top tip, when you get out of the car, lock with the remote and as the mirrors fold in touch the door handle to disable keyless to prevent key cloan theft.
Does this top tip work on early keyless models - 2017?
17 reg, Tiguan 190 DSG 4Motion SEL in Tungsten Silver (matches my hair), with Area View, Towbar, Keyless entry/Elec Tailgate, 4yr warranty , Caravanner

keenu

Post by keenu » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:04 pm

lagerorwine wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am
Russboy wrote:
Yep, all sounds normal.

As you have keyless, top tip, when you get out of the car, lock with the remote and as the mirrors fold in touch the door handle to disable keyless to prevent key cloan theft.
Not sure, but just give it a go. After doing this you will not be able to open the car without using the key anymore so easy to test.

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:28 pm

lagerorwine wrote:
Russboy wrote:
Yep, all sounds normal.

It doesn’t work on my Sep 2016 (MY17) model, and I believe it’s only 2018 models and newer that have it ( although I stand to be corrected).

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:09 pm

keenu wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:04 pm
lagerorwine wrote:
Russboy wrote:
Yep, all sounds normal.

Not sure, but just give it a go. After doing this you will not be able to open the car without using the key anymore so easy to test.
Not permanently, only for the next unlock. It reverts to keyless after that. There us an OBDeleven/VCDS change that disables the door handle buttons, effectively making entry permanently via remote unlock.