Retrofit wireless charger

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Rusty04
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Rusty04 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi

Has anyone fitted a retrofit wireless charger that they can recommend?

Ideally one that can be done via a DIY?

Thanks
R
Tiguan Allspace RLine Tech
2.0tdi 190 4 motion

JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2757
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:01 am

Hi,

Just a heads up for future, If you type Wireless Charger in the search box your find a few links to other threads asking the same questions with some links to other products that people have looked at.

Here's what I got when I tried this search on this site,

search.php?keywords=wireless+charger

Hope this assists you but if there is nothing there that helps then come back and ask away on here, I am sure someone will be able to assist.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Sinclair0755
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:21 am

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Sinclair0755 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 am

https://www.carsystems.eu/wireless-char ... d3570.html, if you use this ,link it will direct you to a company in Poland who do a kit, pad and wiring loom

Rusty04
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Rusty04 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:26 am

Sinclair0755 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 am
https://www.carsystems.eu/wireless-char ... d3570.html, if you use this ,link it will direct you to a company in Poland who do a kit, pad and wiring loom
Thanks for that have you got this? Do they provide instructions on how to fit this, Also was it a diy job?

Thanks again
Tiguan Allspace RLine Tech
2.0tdi 190 4 motion

Sinclair0755
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:21 am

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Sinclair0755 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am

I'm intending to get one, looking at the wiring loom in the advert, it looks like there is a positive and negative feed and some canbus connections required I believe to show the charging display when charging, as for the aerial connection you can get a compatible aerial from ebay for under £10 I had the same type of aerial on my 15 plate Tiguan r, I am going to do some more research on the fitting.

JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2757
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 am

That's a lot of money, think i will stock with plugging in the USB cable. :o
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

ExAudiSi
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by ExAudiSi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm

I just bought one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-In-1-Car-Q ... 2749.l2649

Plugs into a USB adapter in the 12v socket. Charges my iPhone 12 Mini with no problems. It's not an OEM looking solution, but for under £15 its fine.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Rusty04
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Rusty04 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 pm

ExAudiSi wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm
I just bought one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-In-1-Car-Q ... 2749.l2649

Plugs into a USB adapter in the 12v socket. Charges my iPhone 12 Mini with no problems. It's not an OEM looking solution, but for under £15 its fine.
Hey that’s a great find, got any pics of how it looks the cable looks really long how have u hidden it?

Thanks
Tiguan Allspace RLine Tech
2.0tdi 190 4 motion

User avatar
Tubemonster
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:45 am
Location: Near Twickenham

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by Tubemonster » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Rusty04 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 pm
ExAudiSi wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm
I just bought one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-In-1-Car-Q ... 2749.l2649

Plugs into a USB adapter in the 12v socket. Charges my iPhone 12 Mini with no problems. It's not an OEM looking solution, but for under £15 its fine.
Hey that’s a great find, got any pics of how it looks the cable looks really long how have u hidden it?

Thanks
Where it says "can be pruned I thought it meant the lead not the actual tray :lol:
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG -Factory Tow bar-Keyless-Electric Boot- 360 Area View.

ExAudiSi
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Retrofit wireless charger

Post by ExAudiSi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

I've left the cable rolled up and then used double sided tape to fix the part with the electronics into the roof the pocket. It also has a red power light which is useful as it shines down onto the mat and illuminates the pocket.

I am thinking about cutting a hole into the rubber mat so it sits a bit more flush and adding a USB adapter behind the console so that the wiring can be all hidden out of sight. I have bought another mat so that if it doesn't look right I can go back to standard.

I did think about mounting it under the pocket, but it doesn't have the range to reach through the pocket to charge the phone.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Post Reply