Sunroof & Blind not working

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Dunfy07

Sunroof & Blind not working

Post by Dunfy07 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:32 am

Hello all,

First post on here, hoping someone can help. I have a 67 plate Tiguan R-Line and have lost the open/close function to both the sunroof and blind. When the associated buttons are pressed, there is not movement either way. Strangely, the blind seems to have taken itself 10% open before this fault occurred.

Possibly a common power issue/fuse due to the fact neither function?

Thanks in advance!

John27

Re: Sunroof & Blind not working

Post by John27 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:53 am

It is also worth checking if you have a leaking roof. When mine leaked, it wet all the controls on the roof and caused my blind to fully open. There are a couple of threads here on what to look for to confirm or rule out a leak. But, the most obvious thing will be wet carpets or drips of water on the centre console which would have fallen from the sunroof controls on the roof.

I hope you haven't got a leak and this is just an electrical fault as it is otherwise a pain to get fixed. Hopefully others may be able to advise how to check out the electrical fault.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion DSG - White with Vienna Leather, Head-up Display, TPMS, Side Scan & Voice Activation

Keith.Pattison

Re: Sunroof & Blind not working

Post by Keith.Pattison » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Yeah, my 67 R-Line has the same issue, sunroof has no function/ action.

Can't hear any motor turning and tried the reset and in various Youtube videos

Located the Sunroof fuse and that's OK, however is there a separate fuse for the sun blind?

I only noticed due to water in the boot, passenger side and wanted to check where the water is supposed to run off from the sunroof (looked this one up on Youtube)

Looks like its gonna cost a bit