A few questions on the face lifted Tiguan (2021)

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Sootchucker

A few questions on the face lifted Tiguan (2021)

Post by Sootchucker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 am

Hi guys, sorry me again, I’ve just ordered a brand new R-Line (see introductions for spec), and do have a few questions please that I can’t find answers to.

1. Does the 1.5TSI petrol (150ps) come with fully independent rear suspension or torsion beam ?

2. If you spec IQ lights (and I have), do you get one or two reversing lights ?

3. Does the new MIB3 discover pro still have the ability to play video files when at standstill ?

4. Looking online at the media streaming options it seems that just Apple Music and Tidal is supported - is Spotify not (or is it coming), or will I still only be able to receive it via apple car play / android auto ?

5. Again referencing the above, I see VW are trying to sell data packages (£100 for 15gb) for the connected packages. Do you have to use the VW data package or can you use the data from your own mobile phone (as I have a large data allowance already) ?

6. Minor one but is the front cubby (where the mobile phone charging goes) illuminated ?

7. Am I right in thinking that on the new models VW dropped the flocked (velvet lined) glovebox for hard plastic ?

Thanks all.
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

Sootchucker

Re: A few questions on the face lifted Tiguan (2021)

Post by Sootchucker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:24 am

Anyone please ?
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 am

As a heads up, as you have ordered the new facelift version it may be a while before people can answer as those new owners may not have the car yet to be able to answer your questions.

I can help you with the first two and number five,

Question 1 On the topic of chassis details responsible for road holding, handling behavior and ride comfort, the Tiguan 2021 has Independent McPherson. Coil Springs. Anti-roll bar. front suspension and Multilink. Coil Springs. Anti-roll bar. rear suspension.

Question 2 Both Sides

Number 5 A lot of people buy a data sim card off places like Amazon and Ebay. There are lots of threads asking the same question so always worth trying a search on here but here's a link to another one asking the same, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7021&p=77472&hilit=data+sim#p77472
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

phope

Post by phope » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 am

Sootchucker wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 am
Hi guys, sorry me again, I’ve just ordered a brand new R-Line (see introductions for spec), and do have a few questions please that I can’t find answers to.

7. Am I right in thinking that on the new models VW dropped the flocked (velvet lined) glovebox for hard plastic ?

Thanks all.
Our November build has the hard-lined glovebox - can't say I've noticed any rattling noises
2020 Tiguan 1.5 Elegance DSG

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks guys

ozone456

Post by ozone456 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Sootchucker wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks all.
Suspect this is true as, with regard to the Mk2 Tiguan, I don't believe it ever came with flock lined glove box - you can see here 2016 Model R-Line (around 17 min 19 seconds in).

Heres the latest iteration of the tiguan and still no flock lining in the glovebox (about 4min 20 seconds in)
18/04/19: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.