Worth having?: Adaptive Chassis Control; Voice Activation?

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Coguan

Worth having?: Adaptive Chassis Control; Voice Activation?

Post by Coguan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Hi, I recently ordered a Tiguan R-Line but the funder couldn't honour the deal. Now about to re-order and deliberating options as my list has got out of control. Debating whether Adaptive Chassis Control is worth having. We don't do many miles, mainly short local journeys with longer motorway journeys, heavily laden 4-6 times a year. My partner gets motion sickness so I thought Adaptive Chassis Control might gives some good options for ride quality especially as I assume standard Sport Suspension would be stiffer. However, I wondered if anyone could share real world experiences.

Also, I'm debating whether the standard touch screen infotainment is fine it whether it's worth adding either voice activation or upgrading to the 9.2 inch Discover Pro with voice activation? I think voice activation would be useful to save scrabbling about with the touch screen, but it occurs to me that there are buttons on the steering wheel for that as well as Siri if CarPlay is being used. Any thoughts appreciated!
Just Ordered: 1.5 TSi 150 R-Line DSG in Nightshade Blue with Leather; Pan Roof; Area View Cams; IQ Lights; DCC; H/K Hi-Fi; HUD; DCC; + 7 others...

leehal

Re: Worth having?: Adaptive Chassis Control; Voice Activation?

Post by leehal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:39 am

I have the Adaptive Chassis Control for comfort for my back, I've no idea if it would help with motion sickness. Some people say it makes the car more 'wallowy', so that could be worse.
Tiguan MK2 - MY20 2.0TDi R Line Tech 4Motion DSG in white with DCC

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 am

The voice control isn't all that, if reviews are to be believed. Unreliable, misinterprets what you say, etc etc. If you have an iPhone and use CarPlay, you have Siri. In my most humble opinion, it's not worth the extra. Since taking ownership of mine, I have not come across any situations where voice control would have been beneficial. Siri reads my text messages and allows me to compose a reply, by voice.

As for the Adaptive Chassis Control, other than for the reason @leehal stated, I got the impression it's main purpose was for those that like a bit of soft roading. I know mine is an Elegance and has slightly softer suspension and slightly smaller wheels but the ride comfort is absolutely superb.

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am

Coguan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm
Hi, I recently ordered a Tiguan R-Line but the funder couldn't honour the deal. Now about to re-order and deliberating options as my list has got out of control. Debating whether Adaptive Chassis Control is worth having. We don't do many miles, mainly short local journeys with longer motorway journeys, heavily laden 4-6 times a year. My partner gets motion sickness so I thought Adaptive Chassis Control might gives some good options for ride quality especially as I assume standard Sport Suspension would be stiffer. However, I wondered if anyone could share real world experiences.

Also, I'm debating whether the standard touch screen infotainment is fine it whether it's worth adding either voice activation or upgrading to the 9.2 inch Discover Pro with voice activation? I think voice activation would be useful to save scrabbling about with the touch screen, but it occurs to me that there are buttons on the steering wheel for that as well as Siri if CarPlay is being used. Any thoughts appreciated!
I have both.
I tow, so I have ACControl . For me its totally worthwhile. I use the Sport set up minus the throttle sport mode, but keep the stiffer suspension. However, the ride quality is like any AUDI or VW with sports suspension it harder and you will feel the bumps more.
For motor way driving i don't think you would notice . Casual driving you do and that is borne out by the professional reviews. if you don't do a lot of miles it may not be worthwhile to you. You can put it in comfort but is a bit more willowy

I really like VC, I use it for the phone a lot and using the sat nav so it is not expensive , so easy one for me.
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

Coguan

Post by Coguan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Thanks for the answers. If I'm using CarPlay on the main screen (e.g. for Spotify which I use a lot) can I have the VW Nav in the active instrument display at the same time? Can I do this with Discover Nav Pro or Standard Discover Nav?
Just Ordered: 1.5 TSi 150 R-Line DSG in Nightshade Blue with Leather; Pan Roof; Area View Cams; IQ Lights; DCC; H/K Hi-Fi; HUD; DCC; + 7 others...

Tubemonster

Post by Tubemonster » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Yes you can (with Discover Media at least so probably with Pro as well)
The only time you can’t is when you use another nav app such as Waze or Google maps or Apple maps on CarPlay
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG -Factory Tow bar-Keyless-Electric Boot- 360 Area View.

Coguan

Post by Coguan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:41 pm

That's great. In the end I opted for both Adaptive Chassis Control and Discover Pro, you know, so I have it... All ordered today and I can't wait for delivery. First thing will be a New Car Detail