Order Delay

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
JLG1

Re: Order Delay

Post by JLG1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm

A real shame there is such a delay as it's a lovely car to drive. Ordered a Tiguan Match sometime back only to be told they weren't producing any and so my order would be cancelled. Ordered a Tiguan R Line late November and picked it up on 2nd March.
2021 Tiguan R Line, Discover Pro Navigation, IQ Lights, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Heads-up Display, Area View Camera, 20" Alloys, Digital Cockpit, Park Assist, ACC

Tigallspace1

Post by Tigallspace1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Just wondering about this regarding my own order. Was told by dealer that car would be delivered in February. No sign of it by March so talking with the salesman at the time he said that the car was in Germany and there was 3 shipments a month to Ireland and it would ‘bound to be be on one of them’. April now and still no sign, latest from the sales guy is that he can’t understand why it didn’t make on to one of the boats in March? Basically left it at I’ll let you know when it lands in Ireland and 7 days from then to delivery for me. Is there 200k cars ahead of mine and that’s the delay so? The salesman showed me the order details for my car showing the production date and shipment from Mexico and it’s sitting in Germany since the 3rd of March. Wondering if I should ask the dealer if there is something available in stock if I’ll be waiting forever for the back log to clear. Black pack and tow bar are the only options I’d taken on a R-line. Any advice appreciated.

Healy17

Post by Healy17 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:54 pm

I awaiting delivery also in Ireland, ordered in early December and was given build week 12, that has since moved out to Build week 17 so hoping for July registration. I was of the opinion semi conductor issue but I don’t know at this stage. I ordered Reflex Silver 2.0 tdi Tiguan, black pack, iq lights, hitch, luggage pack, keyless entry, camera, discover pro, wireless conectivity. I was of belief only Tiguan Allspace was being manufactured in Mexico for Irish market.

CL1983

Post by CL1983 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Interested to see if anyone has an update on their order abd confirmed build week.
Mine had an unconfirmed build week of 19, then 20 when I spoke with the dealer last week.

Gavind

Post by Gavind » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:09 am

We ordered a 1.5 Rline at the start of March with quite a few add ons.. on deposit payment we were quoted 10-12 weeks and expected collection on 6th June.

I felt I got a great deal and the current Tig had a few niggles, needed tyres servicing and cam belt so the time was right. I was also offered a good price by we buy anyway so took the stupid decision to sell early to de risk and bank a couple of months payments towards the deposit as we could cope with 1 car for a while..dealer knew I was selling early as originally he was going to take as px early.

Obviously I’ve been following this thread and others for a while now and the dates from my dealers keep moving out every week but he claimed to know nothing of any delays and still claimed early July until yesterday when I forced the issue as far as I could without shouting too loud!! Finally he researched it and admitted it’s now more like September but even that’s not confirmed... amazingly claiming he had now to contact each of his 30 customers to tell them the same news. So either VW are hiding this from sales staff or the salesmen are more than aware but still selling cars with dates they know simply cart be met.

Of course my fault entirely but I’m now in the position of being a car down for at least another 5 months which was not my plan and with us both starting to go back to the office in July it just won’t work.

I really don’t want to cancel the order and I may we’ll find the same issue with other makes as well but not sure what choice I have now.

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:05 am

I feel your pain
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:32 am

The semiconductor delays are pushing everything out.

The investor side of things VW were saying this was going to be most acute in the first half of the year but that they would catchup in the second.

Bear in mind they were already scrambling late last year to try catchup on all the production that got suspended during the original covid lockdowns 12months ago.

If it's any consolation all the OEMs are prioritising the highest margin cars (ie premium brands Audi's or SUVs). Be glad you haven't ordered a base model hatchback.

CL1983

Post by CL1983 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:59 am

My order has finally changed to stage 3 (build week confirmed) on checking the online tracker this morning. Ordered end of January.

Spoke to online chat who confirmed build week 20 (17th May) and dealer states it’s taking at least 10 weeks from then to delivery.

So that’s going to be 6 months at least from ordering, worth bearing in mind for anyone considering ordering a R-Line as I’m sure the dealers will still quoting their standard 12-14 weeks.

Craigc

Post by Craigc » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am

Sorry to hear about your delays. Mine was the opposite (Don’t mean to rub it in). I ordered mine end of January with unconfirmed build 8th March, that never changed on Online tracking. My order was standard in white. Did online chat with VW towards end of February to check on build slot because I wanted to add tow-bar and camera, and was told car was already built and awaiting transportation to port. I was then told Long delays at Emden port. But mine arrived at Dealers on 31 March. So doesn’t make sense that some orders are coming through??. I was originally quoted 12-14 weeks and wasn’t expecting delivery until mid. May at earliest. I was told by another dealer that VW do slot cars in if they have a gap. So as a standard car this may be why mine was early?? Sorry I know this doesn’t help with your orders

Brynster

Post by Brynster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:56 pm

So this is my order story (so far)
Ordered my R-line (2.0TDI 200 plus a host of optional extras including towbar/Oryx white pain/Vienna leather/Nav pro system) on 25th Feb, was quoted a potential build date of week 17 with the dealer quoting a "status code" of 10, this has subsequently now been pushed back to week 20 (17th May) with a "status code of 20" which according to the dealer equates to a confined build date (The app however still shows as with the factory) dealer was quite reassuring that status code 20 means confirmed build date so might be worth asking your dealer what status code the system is showing my expected delivery to the dealer is early to mid June.