Order Delay

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Sootchucker

Re: Order Delay

Post by Sootchucker » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Well my Tiguan's been on order for 9 weeks now and still stuck at stage 2 "Your order is with the factory", which I've had confirmed today by the dealer still hasn't had a build week yet.

To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of the whole thing now. I've also heard from a source that VW are wanting to sneak in another price increase late summer (late August / September), and with my build already dangerously close to the £40k luxury VED tax threshold, (after the April 1st increase which pushed the P11D value up by £650), I can't afford for the car to have a P11D rating of over £40k by the time they get their finger out and register the bloody thing. I'm quite sure neither the dealer or VW UK will be contributing to the additional £335 per year on road tax (on top of the standard £155 per year).

Dealers currently looking into this and if they can't give me any guarantees that it won't in writing - then it will be cancelled again, this time once and for all.
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

Gavind

Post by Gavind » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm

I’m pretty sure that’s what I am doing.. commission number is 31127054

Gavind

Post by Gavind » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Sootchucker wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:30 pm
Well my Tiguan's been on order for 9 weeks now and still stuck at stage 2 "Your order is with the factory", which I've had confirmed today by the dealer still hasn't had a build week yet.

To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of the whole thing now. I've also heard from a source that VW are wanting to sneak in another price increase late summer (late August / September), and with my build already dangerously close to the £40k luxury VED tax threshold, (after the April 1st increase which pushed the P11D value up by £650), I can't afford for the car to have a P11D rating of over £40k by the time they get their finger out and register the bloody thing. I'm quite sure neither the dealer or VW UK will be contributing to the additional £335 per year on road tax (on top of the standard £155 per year).

Dealers currently looking into this and if they can't give me any guarantees that it won't in writing - then it will be cancelled again, this time once and for all.
Still further on than mine mate... I’ve been at Land Rover this afternoon and very tempted to cancel and buy a stock evoque now... I’m sick to death of the non committal attitude of my dealer, I have only lasted this long as I got 5k off the retail price which I feel is a good deal

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:10 pm

Gavind wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 pm
Yes that’s the one I’ve been using... I can’t seem to attach a photo but ....

Commission number or VIN
This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character “0” (number) has not been entered instead of “O” (letter) or vice versa.
I had that on the Global My Volkswagen site - but not on My Volkswagen UK where it works ok...

Gavind

Post by Gavind » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Aha no managed to log in with that link, which is very different than the link the dealer gave me...

Your order is with the factory
Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI 150PS 7-Speed DSG 5 Door
Order no. 31127054
Colour: Pure White
Upholstery: Greyson sports cloth- Titanium Black/Black/Titanium Black
Your order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production.

Gavind

Post by Gavind » Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 am

Well that’s that then... 15yrs out of the last 20 yrs we have owned a VW but for no longer.

Order cancelled as its now showing week 36 build but still not guaranteed to be even then. The new Tiguan still looks to be a great car, buts that’s if no use if you can’t buy one, and I have to say the dealers really are t helping buy ignoring this and just selling to keep their figures up.

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

I could follow your actions very soon. Such a shame as they look really nice cars.
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Mon May 03, 2021 1:45 pm

I feel for you all with the long delays, and I can see VW losing a lot of business with many cancellations from people not prepared to wait. And I agree, the dealers aren’t helping with either misinformation or no info at all.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Rrh888

Post by Rrh888 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm

I’ve been a member of this forum for the last month. Quietly gaining knowledge on what will be my first Vw having owned BMWs for the last 20yrs.
As a follow on from people’s experiences on this thread I wondered if I could ask advice??

4 wks ago I ordered an R Line Tiguan via a lease company. Other than deep black in colour the car is standard. I was advised by the lease company that delivery would be 30/6/21.
I do get the feeling this isn’t an informed date rather a generic date and probably not something Vw have given to the lease company. Clearly I’ve no way of checking with Vw as I don’t have car details.

In the meantime I’ve been in contact with a fairly local Vw dealership. I’ve been quoted a good price (IMO) on the same car but on a PCP. They have given a “guaranteed “ date as 1/9/21 if not earlier.

My question isn’t a PCP v lease question but more a question of which date do you think is more realistic.?
Do you have more security for delivery as the lease company is likely to be ordering a number of cars
Or
As a single buyer via the dealer likely to be guaranteed a date.

Anyone had any experience??

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue May 04, 2021 7:05 am

Rrh888 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm
I’ve been a member of this forum for the last month. Quietly gaining knowledge on what will be my first Vw having owned BMWs for the last 20yrs.
As a follow on from people’s experiences on this thread I wondered if I could ask advice??

4 wks ago I ordered an R Line Tiguan via a lease company. Other than deep black in colour the car is standard. I was advised by the lease company that delivery would be 30/6/21.
I do get the feeling this isn’t an informed date rather a generic date and probably not something Vw have given to the lease company. Clearly I’ve no way of checking with Vw as I don’t have car details.

In the meantime I’ve been in contact with a fairly local Vw dealership. I’ve been quoted a good price (IMO) on the same car but on a PCP. They have given a “guaranteed “ date as 1/9/21 if not earlier.

My question isn’t a PCP v lease question but more a question of which date do you think is more realistic.?
Do you have more security for delivery as the lease company is likely to be ordering a number of cars
Or
As a single buyer via the dealer likely to be guaranteed a date.

Anyone had any experience??
My Elegance is standard, no added extras. I bought mine outright from a local dealer. I entered negotiations with them at the beginning of February. We agreed a deal and I paid a deposit, (£250), on February 17th. The car arrived at the dealer on March 6th, having made the outstanding payment a couple of days before.

As what you have ordered or are intending to order is a stock model with no extras, a quick delivery is not beyond the realms of possibilities. I have been told that there are plenty of stock models in all trim levels in holding sites, mine came from Hull.

So, in essence, if your not adding any options, you can expect quite a speedy delivery time, 4 to 6 weeks from placing the order.
2021 Tiguan Elegance Deep Black Pearlescent 1.5 DSG Petrol