Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
welshkaiboy

Re: Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Post by welshkaiboy » Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 am

The recall code is 46G7-S-parking brake control unit

CaptainK

Post by CaptainK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am

Although I do not own a Tiguan, but drive a VW Passat, this fault is the same as both vehicles share the same components.
I took delivery of a new Passat 1.6tdi business est last year. Within 2 weeks I've had nothing but problems and although some of these have been small, nevertheless they have been really annoying.

First, the audio unit has an intermittent fault, when leaving the car, when returning despite the radio being on, there is no sound, until you switch off and back on the unit it then comes back to life.

Secondly, the front sensors decide that the car is right on top of an obstruction, showing red, although I'm 2 cars back.

Finally, the auto-hold, this has been an ongoing fault since I took delivery of the car. The car has been in to my local VW dealer 4 times, (not the original supplier, as this is a lease vehicle). The car has had various software updates, the latest having a clutch sensor replaced. I was told that this could be the issue. The problem was that, whenever I stop in traffic, the auto-hold engages as it should, the cars not in gear, I then engage 1st gear, release the clutch, then sometimes the auto-hold releases, but other times it does not, I have to dip the clutch several times to get it to release. So the replacement of a new clutch sensor has not solved this issue. Again I've been in contact with the dealer, they have told me that there is a recall notification on this issue, plus 2 other on other potential non important problems. It's very clear to me that VW themselves knew about this, either they are not giving this information to their dealers until they have numerous reports. As I understand it, this effects Passat, Tiguan and Golf, hey but who knows!

It's about time car manufacturers realised that we, the public are probably the best people to take notice of. I do around 30k per year, I'm an advanced driver, I've owned Fords, Audi, BMW and other VW's.
The car is today being looked at, let's see if this will now sort this. I doubt if I'll be looking at a VW again. Modern cars have become more and more smart, with that comes buggy software, technology is moving on to quickly and with it unreliable product.

Mcgoo911

Post by Mcgoo911 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi, I'm having the same problems (I'm in Ireland). I've a 2017 Tiguan 2.0 TDI SCR 115hp, manual. I took delivery at the end of May and the problem started less than a week after I got it. Please somebody tell me that this issue has been resolved for them. The dealer here seems to think that I alone am having this problem. BTW my car is back with the dealer at the moment for a software upgrade and the Tiguan they loaned me seems to have the same issue....

I'm needing some reassurance that the problem is in fact known to VW and that they have a definite fix for it.

Encblue

Post by Encblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi Folks

Newbie here

I just took delivery of my Tiguan SE Nav on Thursday, (I've done just under 150 miles so far) & I've had several instances of the Auto Hold not releasing so far.

Has anyone actually had this fully resolved at a dealer?

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 am

Not meaning to offend anyone but I think it is an education issue after having it happen in two different cars. If the problem persists after reading the manual I would get someone at the dealer to clarify how it works and actually go on a drive with you for confirmation.
White 162kw/217.246hp, DSG

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Chris wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 am
Not meaning to offend anyone but I think it is an education issue after having it happen in two different cars. If the problem persists after reading the manual I would get someone at the dealer to clarify how it works and actually go on a drive with you for confirmation.
I used to get it on our old Nissan QQ, I was used to the auto handbrake on that.Turned out we needed a new control module...twice.
we also used to have it on our old renault scenic which was fine in the eight years we owned it.
I had it once on the Tig, no matter what I tried it would not release.
:D Happy to be buying another one.

cabby09

Post by cabby09 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:32 pm

I know on some models you have to have the seatbelt fastened for it to work. Not saying you didnt but when parking at home or moving the car quickly it wont release unless you have buckled up.
2017 1.4TSI Manual R-Line Pure White
(South Africa)

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm

cabby09 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:32 pm
I know on some models you have to have the seatbelt fastened for it to work. Not saying you didnt but when parking at home or moving the car quickly it wont release unless you have buckled up.
It wont work if your door hasnt been fully closed as well.
:D Happy to be buying another one.

tekcom

Post by tekcom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Mine used to stop mid-journey... and I certainly didn't remove my belt or open the door whilst driving.

This is a genuine fault and needs addressing - sounds like it's a shafted control module.
R-Line 150PS TDI | Area View | Progressive Steering | Side Scan | Electric Tailgate | Keyless Entry | Discover Pro | TPMS | Atlantic Blue

Ordered: 03/01/2017
Delivered: 11/03/2017

flexidutch

Post by flexidutch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm so glad I'm not alone on this! I rejected my first new Tiguan SE NAV in April & took delivery of my 2nd new one in May. I had a months trouble free motoring the hey presto the brakes locked on as I was trying to exit a car park. After several embarrassing moments of stamping the brake pedal it eventually released & I pulled away. As I was near, I took it straight to the dealership where their senior technician experienced it for himself but when hooked up to the computer it showed no fault! I was going on holiday the next day so he advised me to use the parking brake manually whilst away & book it in when I came back. By the time I got home that evening it started working again & hadn't faulted again until tonight (3 months later) where I got stuck on the M6 with the brakes locked on!!! Same thing again...lots of stamping on the pedal & eventually it released itself. I drove the rest of the way using the brake pedal & gears. It now shows a fault with the front assist & won't move 😒😒. VW Roadside assist coming out in the morning. I will give them the recall code from this thread. Watch this space!

Return to “Faults & Technical”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.