Order tracking

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
CUK

Re: Order tracking

Post by CUK » Wed May 26, 2021 1:01 am

Tigall18 - My brief order history

Paid deposit early March. Heard sod all since, until today when after pestering dealer (3 email requests) finally got an order number. Check VW website. Order no. not recognised….!
Note from dealer that accompanied the order no. said “may not show anything yet”!

Is that likely, 10 weeks after ordering? I smell something fishy….
On order (approx 6th March 21 - deposit taken 16th March) 2.0 TSI Elegance 4 Motion.
Nightshade Blue, Discover Pro, Heated Screen/Wireless Charge, HUD, DCC, Drv Assist Plus, TPMS, Space saver spare.

Emsworthy

Post by Emsworthy » Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 am

Are you using the UK website? Typical of VW their on-line presence is a bit of a mess! Took me a while to find the right page to input the "Commission Number" this is the link I found that worked
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/
Scroll down the page to the section headed "Your owner and driver services" and click the white "My VW UK" button. You will need to create an account, even if you have one with another VW page that looks very similar to this one. Hopefully this will work. The Comm number should start with 31nnnnnn.
Good luck! I'm stuck on Stage 2 "with the factory"
On order - R-Line 1.5TSI DSG, Pure White, Rear Camera, IQ Lights, Space saver spare wheel
Ordered 25th April 2021

CUK

Post by CUK » Wed May 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks Emsworthy. I tried your instructions and it does show no 2 (with factory) using your link. I didn’t have to create a new account though, it accepted my existing one. Out of curiosity I then used the same link I used yesterday and it also shows the same status. So my suspicions remain. How does my experience compare to others here?
Nice to see it’s actually with VW though….. :D
On order (approx 6th March 21 - deposit taken 16th March) 2.0 TSI Elegance 4 Motion.
Nightshade Blue, Discover Pro, Heated Screen/Wireless Charge, HUD, DCC, Drv Assist Plus, TPMS, Space saver spare.

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 am

Just noticed that although the website has step 5 and the SMS have 5a / 5b / 5c - the wording does change on the website from "Your car has been built and has now left the factory" to "Your car is on the next stage of its journey to the UK"

CL1983

Post by CL1983 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:00 am

I have just received my 5a text this morning (en route to port). Those who are slightly ahead of me, how long after did you receive your 5b text and has yours made onto a ship? Thanks

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 am

8 days between 5a & 5b for me. Seems quite variable for different orders though...

Graham1983

Post by Graham1983 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:33 pm

I was 3 days between a and b. Still not had c yet.
2017 R-Line 2.0TDI 190 DSG 4Motion
Ordered 4th March: R-Line 2.0TSI DSG 4Motion, Full Leather, IQ.Lights, Electric Tailgate, Reverse Camera, Heated Windscreen, Wireless Charger, Full-size Spare.
Delivery 22nd June.

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Thu May 27, 2021 1:22 pm

You guys want a laugh. As you know I still don't have a build date yet for my Tiguan despite it being on order for 14 weeks. I've just escalated it to the dealership manager, and fair play to him he immediately emailed VW head office and within minutes got the following reply (I'll keep the respondents name out of it to save his embarrassment) :

Good afternoon xxxx

This order has now been converted over to MY22 with no impact to the specification currently on the vehicle.

MY changes always cause further delays to build weeks which is why this is currently sitting as build week unconfirmed of BW39.

This unconfirmed build week would have been used by the factory so they can start scheduling vehicles into build as and when production quota clears post MY changes.

I have attempted to amend the required week to bring forward this BW but have had no luck.

This is not ideal but we are going to have to wait to see if the factory can pull this forward for us.

We are also facing production issues with Tiguan's currently in build from as early as BW14 (VW0595-21). Although the cause of this delay is currently unconfirmed there is a shortage of a particular "chip" which is causing issues in the automotive industry.

Apologies for this and to your customer.

kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxx

Volkswagen Retailer Sales and Generalist & Damaged Vehicle Coordinator
Volkswagen Customer Service Centre

WTF.. only last week when I spoke to the dealer they stated that according to their system it was still sitting as unconfirmed BW26 - no mention at all of it being unconfirmed of BW39 !! If you factor in when I ordered it and add 3-4 weeks for delivery (assuming it doesn't even get pushed back from BW39), that would be 35 weeks delivery or nearly 9 months with a collection time sometime in November (for a Feb order) !!!!

I've just told them to stuff it and have cancelled the order and asked for my deposit back. I'm so angry right now. VW are a right bunch of inept cu*ts !!!!
Ordered 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro, Electric tailgate, DCC, Heated windscreen, Area View, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel, Heated rear seats, Tyre Pressure Mon

CUK

Post by CUK » Thu May 27, 2021 3:57 pm

Ouch! That’s not good, I feel your pain Sootchucker!
Doesn’t bode well for my own order either, as it was placed shortly after yours by the look of it, and I’ve heard nothing until yesterday when it finally showed up as “order with factory” (no 2 of 7), a long, long way to go yet…
Debating myself whether to bail out. Mixed feelings about it. What would be a good alternative and what would their lead times be… My existing agreement has 18 months to run so it’s not like I’d be without a motor - but so frustrating.

CUK

Post by CUK » Thu May 27, 2021 3:59 pm

BTW Sootchucker, whereabouts in the country are you? Just wondering if we have the same dealer…. Like you, I don’t want to embarrass anyone… I’m on the South East Coast.