Order tracking

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
wizzywig27

Re: Order tracking

Post by wizzywig27 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:53 am

Ah nice one, I have no idea when my order was placed as it was one the dealer had on order already

Edit: I have just spoken to the team on Twitter who advises this order was accepted on the 10th December 2020 - wow - 8 months ago!

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:59 am

My dealer said some of the problems with delivery dates were due to the chips used in the SOS feature - I noticed yesterday that Mercedes have the following on their website in the configurator:

"Owing to supply shortages, availability of the communication module (LTE) for certain vehicles may be temporarily restricted. This situation particularly affects the Mercedes me connect services, including the emergency call system (eCall). Regularly updated information on this issue is available from Mercedes-Benz dealers."

wizzywig27

Post by wizzywig27 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am

What app is everyone using to track their orders? I cannot see anything in the weconnect app. I would rather just load an app than have to log in on a website every time.

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am

wizzywig27 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am
What app is everyone using to track their orders? I cannot see anything in the weconnect app. I would rather just load an app than have to log in on a website every time.
Not sure there is an app - just the VW website as far as I know.

Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:11 am

Has anyone else lost their colour and upholstery information on the online tracker? Mine was there initially but now it's showing blank. Hopefully it's just the tracker playing up and my colour won't be a lottery pick.
On order: Tiguan R-Line 2.0TDI 150 DSG in Dolphin Grey, ordered 3rd June 2021

Newfie

Post by Newfie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:14 am

It does this continuously with my order. Today its showing both but yesterdat it wasn't.
Tiguan SWB SEL 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS DSG MY2019 White Silver. Collected 26/10/18
Above to be replaced with an ID.3 77kwh Pro S 204PS Tour ordered 1.7.21
Tiguan SWB Match 2.0TDi 150PS DSG Caribbean Blue. Collected 23/4/19

Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:26 am

Newfie wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:14 am
It does this continuously with my order. Today its showing both but yesterdat it wasn't.
That's good to know it's just a glitch. For a company the size of VW the tracking is pretty awful. I hear the app was even worse. Shame I don't have a contact within the factory itself, would be a much more enjoyable experience.
On order: Tiguan R-Line 2.0TDI 150 DSG in Dolphin Grey, ordered 3rd June 2021

wizzywig27

Post by wizzywig27 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:43 am

Official communication from VW CEO

Potential Production Delays on your Volkswagen order

Dear customer,

We are delighted you have chosen a Volkswagen model and together with your Volkswagen Retailer, aim to inspire you with an outstanding product.

Unfortunately we will have to ask for your patience for the delivery of your new Volkswagen. In all likelihood, we will not be able to meet our usual delivery times for orders that we provide to your Volkswagen Retailer.

Supply bottlenecks slow production
This delay is primarily due to bottlenecks in supply. The effects of the global Covid 19 pandemic have led to a significant impact on the production and supply chains for electronic components such as semiconductors across all models. This is affecting the global automotive industry, and Volkswagen is also suffering from these component supply restraints at present. The range of equipment affected extends from the modular infotainment system to sunroofs, steering, transmission and tow bars.

Your Volkswagen Retailer will keep you up to date
Our current view is that this unsatisfactory situation should improve through the second half of 2021. Please be assured that Volkswagen is doing everything it can to keep delays as short as possible.

Unfortunately, it is likely to be some time before your Volkswagen Retailer is able to confirm the final production and delivery date to you. We are providing frequent updates to your Volkswagen Retailer about the situation.

We understand that the situation is unsatisfactory and disappointing for you but kindly ask for your patience in these unprecedented times

iRoddy

Post by iRoddy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:15 pm

I've just received an update of 'no update' regarding my R Line. Looks like it won't make this month's delivery once again, just like June.

Also, the devastating floods is Germany may add further delays. This was outside one of Porsche's holding area in Germany (not sure of exact location). But as you can see, fresh units completely flooded.

Model: R Line 1.5 TSI (no additional options)
Order Date: March 2021

wizzywig27

Post by wizzywig27 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:28 pm

Mine is still being built so hopefully still in the factory