Car cleaning - Anyone used this?

The place to discuss everything else..
AndyJay

Car cleaning - Anyone used this?

Post by AndyJay » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 am

With a glimpse of sunshine i'm itching to give the Tig her 1st wash and test the new snow foam lance. :)

Has anyone used the following?

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-c ... -wax-709ml

AlanH

Re: Car cleaning - Anyone used this?

Post by AlanH » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am

first it shouldn't include the word ceramic everything seems to mention this but it is no where near a ceramic product.

i can't comment on it as i haven't used it if you only want items from shops you can visit you will be restricted if you dont mind shopping online theres plenty of top spray sealants which are more like better than that and cheaper
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

AndyJay

Post by AndyJay » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:45 am

AlanH wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am
first it shouldn't include the word ceramic everything seems to mention this but it is no where near a ceramic product.

i can't comment on it as i haven't used it if you only want items from shops you can visit you will be restricted if you dont mind shopping online theres plenty of top spray sealants which are more like better than that and cheaper
In my experience the Maguires products are great. Most of my shopping is done online so happy for some suggestions.

AlexM

Post by AlexM » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am

AlanH wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am

Agreed - everyone seems to be jumping on the ceramics band wagon. Unless you have lots of time and skill the only way to get a true ceramic coating on the car is to pay for it to be done professionally.

I've not used it, but have heard good things about the Gyeon Q2 Cancoat. Its £10 more than the Halfords one, but should get better results. I was recommended this before I decided on a professional application of a non ceramic protection on mine.
White R-Line SWB 150 4M DSG - no options
Arrived in UK 20/09/18
Arrived at dealer 27/09/18
Collected from dealer 12/10/18

DanJ-UK

Post by DanJ-UK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 pm

There are so many great products on the market now, I use products mainly from Meguiar’s and AutoGlym (polishes, waxes and sealants)
I picked up my new Tiguan last Friday and can’t wait to clean it.
I Will be snow foaming it with the AutoGlym polar foam and shampoo using the 2 bucket method.

If needed it will be clayed, then polished with Meguiar’s or AutoGlym and then sealed using the product below.
The fast finish product is so quick to apply and adds some extra shine and protection👍 I do all of this to the wheels aswell.

Used this on my previous metallic black car and it made a big difference to the shine, water beading and ease of cleaning.

https://www.meguiars.co.uk/says-can-int ... st-finish/

Hope this helps.
Dan

Tiguan R-Line Tech
190 - DSG - 4Motion
White
DynAudio

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 am

GYEON CAN COAT, SONAX BRILLIANT SHINE DETAILER (ITS AWESOME FOR PRICE) SONAX POLYMER NET SHIELD, CARPRO EXILIR, CARPRO RELOAD are all decent spray sealants/lsp's that i have used and would recommend

autofinesse, carpro, gyeon, gtechniq, sonax (cheaper) all brands that are very good and better than your autoglym and Megs
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

Pinky1959

Post by Pinky1959 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:29 pm

www.detailingworld.co.uk
Loads of good information and advice on here , Be prepared it is addictive and can costs ££££££££££ but worth every penny

F2paul

Post by F2paul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:13 pm

I tried many waxes but now use Bilthammer. Very good.
2.0. TDi tuning 296PS , DSG , SEL 4 motion Indium Grey. Collected 31.1.18

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.