Voluntary Termination VWFS

The place to discuss everything else..
ryanc88

Voluntary Termination VWFS

Post by ryanc88 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi

I am looking at getting a Tiguan and currently have a Audi A4. The A4 agreements ends in November and I can VT in September, spoke to Audi today and I will be in negative equity at the end of the agreement.

My original plan was to run it to the end but it makes sense to VT the car and order my Tiguan now.

Has anyone had experience doing similar? Obviously both with VWFS. VW dealership advise me to order Tiguan now as it won’t arrive until late September anyway, by then I can VT the Audi. Does that sound about right?

I don’t want to be stuck with two agreements or have it look like I’m applying for another and get declined

Cheers

Tricky

Re: Voluntary Termination VWFS

Post by Tricky » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 pm

Not done exactly what you're planning, but elements if it. How will you be in negative equity at the end? There's a guaranteed future value, and you contract says you can hand the car back at this value and walk away owing nothing at the end.

I've several, times had 2 agreements running simultaneously, my credit score is good, misses hadn't much of one so both her and my car go on agreements in my name.

You can trade in the car before the end of the agreement, the dealer will manage the finance trade off. In fact misses last polo we traded in 6 months early and actually were £100 positive equity.

And yes, i have also done a VT with VW finance, and they were still happy to give me future credit.

Hope this helps you.

ryanc88

Post by ryanc88 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:26 am

Thanks for the reply.

I may not have have been clear regarding negative equity. What I mean was that I will have no equity in car at the end for a new deposit so it didn’t make sense to me to run it to the end of the agreement (November).

I was planning on ordering a Tiguan at the weekend and VT’ing in September. As the Tiguan order is around 14 weeks that should work out about right.

I’ve looked at WBAC but they are offering £400 less than I owe currently. Selling privately seems similar

Nick-St

Post by Nick-St » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:39 am

If you ignore the WBAC offer it may well increase. The offer for our golf went from £17,300 to over £22,600 in about 4 stages! (After the first offer we sold it privately for £21,500.) VW offered £18,300 part-ex against the Tiguan.

Taking out the finance on the Tiguan while the finance was still running on the golf wasn’t a problem though.

Rory

Post by Rory » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 am

There are other car buying services - Wizzle is getting positive comments at the moment and there's a few others.

Obviously it''s possible the current bubble in prices could have ended by the time you come to sell your car.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.