Fuel prices

The place to discuss everything else..
Post Reply
User avatar
DW58
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Location: Moray

Fuel prices

Post by DW58 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Decided to fill the Golf today.

I’m 35 miles SE of Inverness, fuel prices aren’t usually too bad here despite being out in the sticks.

I was gobsmacked to find just how low prices had got

Filled up at Tesco as usual ... ... ...

• Unleaded - £1.029/lt
• Momentum - £1.099/lt

I can’t remember when petrol was last so cheap :o
Rob
_______________________________
Ordered 6/1/20 - arrived in UK 20/3/2020 - DELAYED by Covid 19
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSi 190PS DSG 4Motion • Atlantic Blue • Keyless entry/hands free boot • Winter pack/heated seats • 230v socket • Area view/Park assist.

Tricky
Posts: 685
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: Wales, just outside Llandeilo, UK

Re: Fuel prices

Post by Tricky » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:06 pm

And it'll probably have gone back up by the time we all need a next fill :-)

User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: Fuel prices

Post by mrew42 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 pm

DW58 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Decided to fill the Golf today.

I’m 35 miles SE of Inverness, fuel prices aren’t usually too bad here despite being out in the sticks.

I was gobsmacked to find just how low prices had got

Filled up at Tesco as usual ... ... ...

• Unleaded - £1.029/lt
• Momentum - £1.099/lt

I can’t remember when petrol was last so cheap :o
Good innit
Costco not too far from me has it for £0.9999!!!!
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey - 03/18-03/20 gone :(
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech Pure White - 03/20-../..

CNC
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Fuel prices

Post by CNC » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Last month as usual I did over 3k miles. This month, absolutely 0 as I've been furloughed!. Total cost in fuel so far for April £0. That's a first for me!.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

User avatar
DW58
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Location: Moray

Re: Fuel prices

Post by DW58 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 pm
DW58 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Decided to fill the Golf today.

I’m 35 miles SE of Inverness, fuel prices aren’t usually too bad here despite being out in the sticks.

I was gobsmacked to find just how low prices had got

Filled up at Tesco as usual ... ... ...

• Unleaded - £1.029/lt
• Momentum - £1.099/lt

I can’t remember when petrol was last so cheap :o
Good innit
Costco not too far from me has it for £0.9999!!!!
My nearest Costco is only a 75 mile drive, next one is 180 miles!
Rob
_______________________________
Ordered 6/1/20 - arrived in UK 20/3/2020 - DELAYED by Covid 19
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSi 190PS DSG 4Motion • Atlantic Blue • Keyless entry/hands free boot • Winter pack/heated seats • 230v socket • Area view/Park assist.

User avatar
Essjay
Posts: 2805
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm
Location: West Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Fuel prices

Post by Essjay » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:17 pm

DW58 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm
mrew42 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 pm
DW58 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Decided to fill the Golf today.

I’m 35 miles SE of Inverness, fuel prices aren’t usually too bad here despite being out in the sticks.

I was gobsmacked to find just how low prices had got

Filled up at Tesco as usual ... ... ...

• Unleaded - £1.029/lt
• Momentum - £1.099/lt

I can’t remember when petrol was last so cheap :o
Good innit
Costco not too far from me has it for £0.9999!!!!
My nearest Costco is only a 75 mile drive, next one is 180 miles!

I have 2 Costco stores nearby, each of which is only a 20 mile drive away, unfortunately neither sell fuel! ;)

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: Fuel prices

Post by mrew42 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:41 pm

CNC wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Last month as usual I did over 3k miles. This month, absolutely 0 as I've been furloughed!. Total cost in fuel so far for April £0. That's a first for me!.
Ouch. Do you miss the driving or is it a nice break from the 'office' ?

I always wish I could drive more and the Tig is one of the best cars I've had for that :)
Working in IT in the City is a bit pants and it's been 25 years since I had a parking space.
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey - 03/18-03/20 gone :(
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech Pure White - 03/20-../..

CNC
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Fuel prices

Post by CNC » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:14 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:41 pm
CNC wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Last month as usual I did over 3k miles. This month, absolutely 0 as I've been furloughed!. Total cost in fuel so far for April £0. That's a first for me!.
Ouch. Do you miss the driving or is it a nice break from the 'office' ?
I still enjoy getting in my 'office' every day, it's a really nice car to drive especially with the many driver aids helping out, especially the ACC. I drive (did!) all over the UK for work going from a small one man shed in a field somewhere to some of the biggest manufacturing plants around hence the mileage I clock up, and having the Tiguan to get me there and back is perfect.

When (if?) things get back to normal I will still look forward to getting behind the wheel of the Tiguan.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Post Reply