Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Adblue - reset the warning manually

30K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CNC 
#1 ·
Has anyone had to do this? I put in 4 litres and I am still getting a warning saying I need to re-fill in 200 miles! I read some Touareg and Passat owners having to reset manually as the car doesn't do it if you add less than 5-6 litres.

If anyone has experienced this it would be good to know?

cheers

M

#5 ·
rockman2 said:
Mixtu said:
Has anyone had to do this? I put in 4 litres and I am still getting a warning saying I need to re-fill in 200 miles! I read some Touareg and Passat owners having to reset manually as the car doesn't do it if you add less than 5-6 litres.

If anyone has experienced this it would be good to know?

cheers

M
After you put it in did you turn on the ignition and leave it for 30 seconds or so before starting the car ?
Just had to put addblue into our car for the first time and filled all the way up, left ignition on for 30 seconds and it still tells me to add the adblue, anyone found out how to remove this?

#7 ·
F2paul said:
I`ve topped up a couple of times ,full 10l and hadn`t bothered with the 30 seconds ignition on. It immediately registered the adblue full range on the display.
Strange how some cars do register and others are not.

#8 ·
You must be careful to put in an amount that it states on the dash, it will give a minimum and maximum amount.
Put too much in and it can confuse the system, as can putting too little in.
If you put too much in you can cover the level sensor which then can't see the level at all so gives a false warning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.