Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Lead Times

130K views 274 replies 89 participants last post by  John Angela 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just been provided with an unconfirmed build week - 22. Ordered week 1.

I know this is unconfirmed, so could be less - or more.

Anyone else ordered in January with similar dates?

Thanks
John

#252 ·
Hi has anyone ordered there car then changed the model I have ordered a 2.0tsi SEL and because of the delays I am thinking of changing to an R Line I have an order number but no build week.

#253 ·
Anyone who's on order stage 5b don't hold your breath.

The vehicles are being banked until WLTP certification is received. This is the update I had from live chat and my dealer yesterday after receiving the 5b SMS:-

Rieva
Thank you for waiting, Simon. Your vehicle is in the compound at Emden. It has had the testing completed however we are waiting for the certification to come back for this model. Your vehicle will not be released for shipping until week 44 with the first deliveries to the Retailers starting on week 48.

#254 ·
TrevG said:
Hi has anyone ordered there car then changed the model I have ordered a 2.0tsi SEL and because of the delays I am thinking of changing to an R Line I have an order number but no build week.
There won't be any 2.0 petrol Tiguans made until Feb next year so I imagine changing the trim level won't make much difference other than the price.

#255 ·
The colour of mine was changed as it was a car already ordered by the dealer, they said it could be changed up until it was scheduled to be built

#256 ·
TrevG said:
We changed yes. We got cold feet on colour so changed that & noticed dealer had ordered us 2WD instead of 4M by accident so we also got that changed. No issues at all. Kept the same order no.

#257 ·
NatMitch said:
TrevG said:
We changed yes. We got cold feet on colour so changed that & noticed dealer had ordered us 2WD instead of 4M by accident so we also got that changed. No issues at all. Kept the same order no.
Hi NatMitch

Have you enquired what they are doing with your Tiggy?

#258 ·
Hi my car went to 5b code in two days earlier this week and was told the same that car would not be released to shipping until paperwork catches up with order so they said would not get 5c code until this happened well early Friday morning I got code 5c and the ship Patara arrived at sheerness last night so fingers crossed, but this ship is twice the size of the highway ship's VW use so could be some time before receiving next code, hope lots of you are on this ship , at least things are moving now , been waiting nearly 7 months

#259 ·
Stamfordboy said:
Hi my car went to 5b code in two days earlier this week and was told the same that car would not be released to shipping until paperwork catches up with order so they said would not get 5c code until this happened well early Friday morning I got code 5c and the ship Patara arrived at sheerness last night so fingers crossed, but this ship is twice the size of the highway ship's VW use so could be some time before receiving next code, hope lots of you are on this ship , at least things are moving now , been waiting nearly 7 months
Hi Stamfordboy

There is another large vessel on its way to Sheerness now called the MALACCA HIGHWAY bigger than the other Highways. it left last night as well as the EMS Highway heading for Grimsby.

#260 ·
Well in that case sheerness will be working very hard today as they are still unloading Patara draft is rising slowly , I've been to sheerness in my wagon driving days and there's not that much room for car storage maybe a few thousand , so maybe only 2 or 3 ship's, so they will have to work fast or cause a bottle neck in port

#262 ·
Newfie said:
Grimsby storage is quite large and there is also storage at Immingham which is only a couple of miles up the estuary. The transporters will be working flat out to get these to dealers.
There are lots of storage places around that area (lots of old airfields).

#263 ·
Evening peeps, was out today when I got an sms from dealers with a video telling us that our car has finally landed in UK and should be with them a week on Friday?!?! And that I can pick it up a couple of days later!!
If this is true it will be 5 months to the day since ordering🤔

#264 ·
naymo said:
Evening peeps, was out today when I got an sms from dealers with a video telling us that our car has finally landed in UK and should be with them a week on Friday?!?! And that I can pick it up a couple of days later!!
If this is true it will be 5 months to the day since ordering🤔
Hi naymo

That is terrific news, probably one of the first WLTP Tiguan on the road.
I like your colour.

#266 ·
Evening all,

I spoke to my dealer today as myvw app is showing that the car is with them, however they cannot get a reg number due to it being a 'k chassis number with 2019 spec' what is this all about??

Are they pulling my leg???

#267 ·
Live chat just told me my unconfirmed build week of W45 has been removed from the system by the factory. They also denied the February introduction for the 2:0 TSI models but were unable to advise what the timeline was.

#268 ·
naymo said:
Evening all,

I spoke to my dealer today as myvw app is showing that the car is with them, however they cannot get a reg number due to it being a 'k chassis number with 2019 spec' what is this all about??

unfortunately not.

#269 ·
naymo said:
Evening all,

nope looking at around 2 months for the codes (not that they actually know this)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.