Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

bmw to tiguan

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ZaheerUK 
#1 ·
bye bye bmw hello VW tiguan R line tech 150

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Best delivery ever, phone round dealers on weds enquiring about any canceled orders or in stock ones as got told about 6 month wait max, found one that car was in port waiting to be delivered if i did not mind white and picked up on monday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Amazing. Lucky thing, been waiting months here and still ages to go. Enjoy, looks lovely.

#8 ·
ZaheerUK said:
I too am handing back my X1 25dXdrive Xline and picking up R-Line Tech 150 DSG on Monday - I hope I don't miss the X1 too much.
I did exactly the same a year ago. Identical BMW model in grey. Paid £40k+. Sold it after 18months, never really took to it. Love the VW, paid £32k, spec as below and have never looked back. I'm sure you will be more than pleased.

#10 ·
Bluezed said:
ZaheerUK said:
I too am handing back my X1 25dXdrive Xline and picking up R-Line Tech 150 DSG on Monday - I hope I don't miss the X1 too much.
I did exactly the same a year ago. Identical BMW model in grey. Paid £40k+. Sold it after 18months, never really took to it. Love the VW, paid £32k, spec as below and have never looked back. I'm sure you will be more than pleased.
It's interesting you saying that. I never quite took to the interior/dashboard which i think looks outdated now. My biggest complaint was the comfort (I specced Sport Seats too) - they were too small i felt. Everything else i loved particularly the way the xDrive gripped the road. Having said that it never really felt like i was driving a 228bhp car - felt more like the 160bhp 3 series (F30) i had before it.
Picking mine up tomorrow - i hope i enjoy it. Just feels like maybe I'm 'stepping down'.

#11 ·
The interior was a bit bland. I opted for larger screen, sports seats, adaptive suspension and pano roof. Despite all this it didn't feel 'special'. The ride was always harsh even in comfort mode, the seats never seemed quite right, I was forever adjusting it. Performance was okay but didn't feel as good as I thought it should. The fact that I was prepared to take a hit of £20k just to get rid of it speaks volumes. The decision wasn't taken lightly but even the wife didn't complain!! Possibly the last BMW I will ever buy. I also felt I was 'downgrading' when the order went in. Since I've owned the VW I really haven't regretted a single day. I'm sure you will feel the same.

#12 ·
Bluezed said:
The interior was a bit bland. I opted for larger screen, sports seats, adaptive suspension and pano roof. Despite all this it didn't feel 'special'. The ride was always harsh even in comfort mode, the seats never seemed quite right, I was forever adjusting it. Performance was okay but didn't feel as good as I thought it should. The fact that I was prepared to take a hit of £20k just to get rid of it speaks volumes. The decision wasn't taken lightly but even the wife didn't complain!! Possibly the last BMW I will ever buy. I also felt I was 'downgrading' when the order went in. Since I've owned the VW I really haven't regretted a single day. I'm sure you will feel the same.
I have had it now since yesterday and have already clocked up nearly 200 miles. Other than the power, the Tiguan is special. It has all the bells and whistles. The seat took a little getting used to - took my 6/7 attempts to get it right. In the X1 I sat a bit lower but in the Tiguan it feels better to sit higher. The seats are bigger and way more comfier than my X1 and then all the tech - wow!. The only downside is that I feel the rear-view mirror is straight in my face in the higher position so maybe will require a bit more adjusting.
Might try Shell's V-Power on the next fill up to see if it gives it a little more oomph. Other than that I would say then I am very pleased with my purchase. Going to spend a bit more time getting used to the tech. Just managed to get the VW connect set-up. Still cannot cannot the car to my phone hotspot for the "Guide and Inform" and "Security" stuff from VW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.