Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Vw Connect Go Door Open

17K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  xtrailman 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to access the door check on the new VW Connect Go app, can't find it anywhere on this new app.

#27 ·
So its still ongoing then!

"Thank you for contacting us with your request.

Due to problems that we are experiencing with our servers, there are currently
failures in the We Connect/ Car-Net Services.

We are already working hard on a solution so that you can use the services again as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."

#28 ·
SkyJawa said:
On my app it says the car is unlocked and vehicle moving even though it's sitting locked on the driveway. Deleted and reinstalled app, no difference!
I had this issue and contacted carnet who arranged for my garage to install updated software, they also updated the key less so it now auto locks same as the normal fob version, so if you inadvertently press unlock but open no doors within a short time around 30 secs it will re-lock.

#29 ·
SkyJawa said:
So its still ongoing then!

"Thank you for contacting us with your request.

Due to problems that we are experiencing with our servers, there are currently
failures in the We Connect/ Car-Net Services.

We are already working hard on a solution so that you can use the services again as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
So VW have an issue with the App, wow i could have told them that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#30 ·
Well got a mass mail tonight from Weconnect apologising for the technical faults over the last week that are all now fixed, could have fooled me, every time I pull down in the app to refresh back end data it still says "sorry something went wrong", clowns!

#33 ·
All good as of this week ...it .took a few months though...lots of consultations with WeConnect help desk, car into dealership for software updates that did not work, escalation to VW Germany and concluding my dealerships technician checking with another dealership for ideas and doing a reconfiguration of all car control modules.
Now App and portal are in sync and can use all available functions - except the useful ones that are not actually available to the my Tiguan - unless your car is a hybrid/electric iteration. ...Alas no Tiguan Mk2 GTE on the horizon...!!

#34 ·
JK-VWTiguanR said:
Still tells me the doors are unlocked when they are locked. :evil:
Same here, but if I've read these posts correctly, didn't xtrailman have this issue and actually had the software updated on the car at the stealers as opposed to any update to the app?

#35 ·
I had this email today, not that I've noticed, but it appears carnet have had issues.

" We just wanted to inform you that last week, the availability of the We Connect services were severely limited due to a temporary technical malfunction.
As a valued customer of our services we want to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and advise that these system issues have now been fixed.

We are committed to improving the services we provide you and would like to thank you for continuing to use our products and services.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Kind regards,
Your Volkswagen We Connect team"

#36 ·
xtrailman said:
I had this email today, not that I've noticed, but it appears carnet have had issues.

" We just wanted to inform you that last week, the availability of the We Connect services were severely limited due to a temporary technical malfunction.
As a valued customer of our services we want to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and advise that these system issues have now been fixed.

We are committed to improving the services we provide you and would like to thank you for continuing to use our products and services.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Kind regards,
Your Volkswagen We Connect team"
Did you have the update done to the car?

#38 ·
xtrailman said:
On my App the car always showed unlocked even when it was locked, i also didn't have the remote locking function, so had a software update directed by tech services to the dealer.
Has this now sorted the issues?

#39 ·
Even with these dealer updates does not guarantee it's fixed.
Ozone456 and myself both had an identical problem which VW did not resolve. It got passed to the highest level in VW Germany and this went on for months.
The issue was resolved more by luck than judgement. When mine went in for the pano roof lights to be connected the update they gave my system cleared whatever the fault was. Ozone456 had his dealer contact mine and he also has had his issue resolved.

#40 ·
Newfie said:
Ozone456 and myself both had an identical problem which VW did not resolve. It got passed to the highest level in VW Germany and this went on for months.
The issue was resolved more by luck than judgement. When mine went in for the pano roof lights to be connected the update they gave my system cleared whatever the fault was. Ozone456 had his dealer contact mine and he also has had his issue resolved.
So with the new app does it show the correct status of the doors?

#41 ·
JK-VWTiguanR said:
Newfie said:
So with the new app does it show the correct status of the doors?
Yes everything is showing as it should.
Your dealer should do the update without any bother.

G
#44 ·
Does anyone find that We Connect is slow and cumbersome ?

My partner called me to open the doors when she got back to the car after a shopping trip, and l was somewhere else. When i connected and tried to unlock the doors, it took about 10 mins and numerous attempts....

#45 ·
mrgolfr said:

My partner called me to open the doors when she got back to the car after a shopping trip, and l was somewhere else. When i connected and tried to unlock the doors, it took about 10 mins and numerous attempts....
Its slow but no more than 3 mins IME.

#47 ·
xtrailman said:
mrgolfr said:

Its slow but no more than 3 mins IME.
The longest I have waited ... 2mins to open the car
Fastest.... 30 seconds

#49 ·
No surprise there then, We Connect have finally got back to me after putting yet another enquiry in 2 weeks ago to say that the unit needs resetting at the dealer.

Starting to wish for our Octavia back which was faultless over 4 years except for a replacement steering wheel control, build quality and reliability on this thing so far is not the best, this will be 3rd dealer visit in 4 months!

#50 ·
VW/We Connect contacted the dealer who phoned us today and booked in for next weds, they said it was the first time ever they were contacted by them to phone a ciustomer to book in for this issue!

#51 ·
Annnnd in a bizarre twist at some point in the last week since booking it in it has started working again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.