Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Tiguan/Toureg problems??

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lagerorwine 
#1 ·
Ani idea if some or all of these problems apply to Tiguans.?

SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE WITH TOUAREG
We have a 19 reg Touareg and have the same problem. Our car brakes without warning.
oyr local dealer has said there is a software problem with the camera. VW DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR THIS. They have admitted this.
sat nav doesn't work
headlight assist doesn't work
lane assist doesn't work
front assist doesn't work
boot opener doesn't work
It is all part of the same problem
I understand the Tiguan has the same problem
In December I finally managed to corner them into admitting there was a problem by telling the dealer I wanted in writing that the car was safe to drive. They refused to do this. VW then said technical in Germany had said the car shouldn't be on the road.
Vw then put is in a hire car for the last month while our top of the range Touareg has sat on the dealership car park.
Even the dealer has said they don't know why VW have done this as there is nothing they can do. There is no fix!
My wife is the main driver of the vehicle and now refuses to drive it
VW have now given us 14 days to accept a derisory offer or continue driving the car.
VW have , on numerous occasions, asked VW to respond in writing about the braking problem.
They have refused to do this until this evening and only after the dealer said that it braked twice without warning during their test drive.
i am trying tomorrow to see how this will affect my insurance as I'm knowingly driving my vehicle with a serious safety issue.
i will be contacting my solicitor on Monday.
VW have been nothing short of a disgrace with the matter. This has been going on for four months.
it has been worse than dealing with a back street garage.
please share this with whoever you can

See less See more
#2 ·
Saw this posted elsewhere
Tiguans are built in Wolfburg (or Mexico for Allspace)
Touregs are built in Bratislava
Sounds like a one off (unless the OP has any contrary info) and not something i've heard reported on any Tigs.
Horrible experience for the owner but I'm not particularly worried.

#3 ·
There was someone on here who's Tiguan kept braking for no reason....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.