Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Insurance......?

10K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  chillyman50 
#1 ·
Does the forum have a recommended company? one that may offer special deal for members at all?
My current insurance have decided due to value of the vehicle and postcode they can only cover me for one more month :/

#3 ·
just out of interest, what should a 2-3 Year old Tig cost to insure.

I understand that the driver is the other part of the equation as well as amount driven plus location etc.

But I would be interested to get a sense of what is cheap, what is fair and what is plain outright extortionate.

tammma

#4 ·
Tammma said:
just out of interest, what should a 2-3 Year old Tig cost to insure.

I understand that the driver is the other part of the equation as well as amount driven plus location etc.

But I would be interested to get a sense of what is cheap, what is fair and what is plain outright extortionate.

tammma
Me. 50(something) year old, Brand new R Line Tech, 8k miles, North east London Borough, Admiral £379 - £35 topcashback = £344
Lovely stuff

#5 ·
I've just had to renew my insurance, 65 year old (insured only driver), 4 year old Tiguan SEL 2.0l, fully comp, protected NCB, legal expenses, hire car and full RAC recovery.....£292.00 with General Accident (part of Aviva).
Renewed with them again this year as the quote was actually £20 cheaper than last years (probably because I'm now classified as 'an old fart'). ;)

Steve

#9 ·
60 years old (...still can't believe it!) , 3 and a half year old Tig, wife (also 60 but never drives it) and 25 year old son on - social, domestic and pleasure only, with multicar discount with Admiral, £190 after being quoted almost £400 with my previous insurer =LV :eek:

#10 ·
When I traded in my S3 for the new Tiguan a couple of weeks ago, my existing insurer wanted close to £500 for the remaining 5 months. Needless to say I cancelled that. I tried with Direct Line but they wanted over £800 which to me was a "we don't want your business thanks" quote. I ended up with Admiral for £411. Thats for a mid 40s, only driver, max NCD, 1 non-fault accident in the last 3 years, no points on licence and protected NCD.

The Tiguan is about 9 insurance groups lower than the S3 so not sure why the Tiguan is almost the same price as my S3 was.

#12 ·
I'm 38, wife's 33, and live in Leeds, I have 6 points that I got in one go (a moment of madness which I regret massively) had to go to court and fined.

I pay £480 fully comp, that's with LV who I have just gone with, paid £700 last year with direct line and last week got a renewal through from direct line saying it was £850 this year, so when I phoned them up to cancel my policy because I was going with someone else, he said to me the best we can do for you today is £660, by this time I'm getting really annoyed because why couldn't they quote me that in the first place. It's just greed with them all, because I bet there's a lot of people who can't be bothered shopping about and just pay there automatic renewal

Sorry guys, rant over!!

#13 ·
Admiral for me since I got it, but I have to fight with them every year to get them to price match. Last September's renewal was £224.93.

#14 ·
Been with LV since I got the Tiguan, driver plus one named, mid to late 40s, no claims no accidents (now I've jinxed it), full ncd protected, £285 first year, £306 second year, renewal due October. I've always used MSE's method of doing comparison sites in a particular order.
Edit, should also mention I used to be with Adrian Flux many years ago, but I wouldn't use them again...

#15 ·
Thanks - clear that I am on the extortionate end of the scale....700+ ...and this was Admiral!

Late 30's, dodgy east london post code. I am Australian so don't have much of a driving history here. I think they completely disregarded my 20+ year driving history in Oz. I even had a letter from my Australian insurer, but there was nowhere to attach that in the online application. I moved onto a UK license and they gave me 30quid back as a token gesture.

tammma

#16 ·
Adrian Flux, even with the forum discount, was not competitive for me.

Because I have a few mods, my options were more limited, but LV came out reasonable as did Admiral and their affiliates.

#17 ·
I got my Tiguan four weeks ago. I was delighted to find that the meerkats found very cheap insurance.

SEL 190BHP. Ten months old.

My wife and I, social, no business. £150 excess fully comp. Kept in locked garage.

£240.00.

That was with Lloyd's.

Insurance is post code, age, job, where it's kept etc and obviously would be more if I were higher risk in any category and I accept I must be low risk as my BMW 330 was only £390, I forget who with now, but each year was about the same.

#24 ·
Have you tried VW Insurance, £266. Price held for following 2 years Insurance. Admiral Insurance wanted 500+ after being with them for 3 years on multi car. 51 years old plus full no claims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.