2017 BiTDI.....map or noto to map

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Excoop03

Re: 2017 BiTDI.....map or noto to map

Post by Excoop03 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:17 pm

So I had mine remapped July 2020 with a flash map and fast throttle and I loved it, but I recently had a problem and had to have the ECU replaced by the dealer, so obviously I lost the map and it was restored to factory setting, what I want to know is this, is a revo remap worth getting over a flash map and what’s everyone’s thoughts on a gearbox tune, thanks

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm

My original plan was to go with ECU and TCU remaps on our 2018 BiTDi (R-Line) as I thought that both could be improved.

I did quite a bit of research and concluded that Revo Stage 1 would be a good one for the ECU, and the TVS Stage 2+ (including drivability features) would be a good one for the TCU.

I started off a week ago with the Revo, as they offered a 30 day money back guarantee.

So far, this appears to have resolved enough of the issues I had in both areas (Engine and Gearbox) that I now think I might skip the TCU remap.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 am

Broadsword

How did you end up deciding on Revo? From what I understand most of the stage 1 tunes are very similar. But that then makes the decision harder in terms of splitting hairs! I have been looking around for my 132kw/180hp.

I was tossing up between APR and I think Racingline do one as well. Revo was one I looked at briefly but can't think why I discounted that.

I know Apr have stopped selling stage 2+ and so the stage 1 map has been discounted. But that's fine by me as I don't think I really need to go more than stage 1...

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

If APR had a map for my BiTDi I would have gone with them, as I also have a Stage 2 (APR) Mk7 Golf R which I am very pleased with.

As there was no APR option my research suggested Revo would be the next best option.

While there are a number of maps around, for me it comes down to who has done the most development / testing of their respective software.

When I was looking for maps etc for the Golf APR was my first choice followed second by Revo.

I also looked at Racingline and their OEM+ maps, I think that they took over Shark Performance and that is where a number of their maps come from.

PS I also ran an APR Stage 1 map on my Golf for a while and I was also very pleased with that.

topmar

Post by topmar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi all, I own an Allspace 2.0 BiTDi too and I'm really trying hard not to remap it 😂

The car is still in the warranty period, in the middle of the 5 year (extended) warranty.

What is your suggestion on this? Should I give it a try and remap it, losing the warranty, or wait till it ends and after that to go for it?
Tiguan Allspace 2.0 BiTurbo 241HP 4Motion R-Line DSG7 Platinum Grey with swivelling towbar MY2018

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 am

Broadsword wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am
If APR had a map for my BiTDi I would have gone with them, as I also have a Stage 2 (APR) Mk7 Golf R which I am very pleased with.

As there was no APR option my research suggested Revo would be the next best option.

While there are a number of maps around, for me it comes down to who has done the most development / testing of their respective software.

When I was looking for maps etc for the Golf APR was my first choice followed second by Revo.

I also looked at Racingline and their OEM+ maps, I think that they took over Shark Performance and that is where a number of their maps come from.

PS I also ran an APR Stage 1 map on my Golf for a while and I was also very pleased with that.

Broadsword - sorry only just seen this. Yeah I am about to come out of warranty also.

Great...I am mulling a Stage 1 APR for the 132kw/180hp TSI. I was unaware that APR did not have a BiTDI map. Do they even get the BiTDI in the US? I am guessing after the diesel scandal, probably not. So without the market for it they probably did not bother.

Not that I really want to even consider stage 2/3 but I saw something about how APR stopped doing stage 2/3 maps for some cars due to emissions regs. I was a bit baffled about why they are affected, but not say OEM+ or Revo...

Ive heard that its a bit mixed in terms of one map vs another....but in some ways that makes the decision harder.

T