Dynamic light assist question?

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
ExAudiSi

Re: Dynamic light assist question?

Post by ExAudiSi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Looks like adjusting the speed for HBA activation is something that Carista are working on for their app, so hopefully it will be available soon.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

archie159

Post by archie159 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:41 pm
Hi archie159, I have a similar problem up in the Highlands where you rarely get enough speed up to trigger the high beam in the DLA. What I do is push the stick forward (away from me) twice to force the full beam on, and then when i see another car coming, i push the stick forward again (away from me) and this toggles it between DLA and forced full beam - i know it sounds counter-intuitive to keep pushing the stick away, but it does actually work. ;)
Thats useful, thanks for pointing that out - I hadn't realised it also worked that way.
2017 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 150hp auto (second hand)

Del2035

Post by Del2035 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm

I have 2019 R line tech. I have found when using the dynamic light assist I am getting a fare few flashes from oncoming drivers.
This is on all roads. I am presuming that I am causing dazzle. From what I can see there is no adjustment.
Question is, is the system not as good as it should be? Or, may I have a fault that needs looking at?
Thanks

CNC

Post by CNC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Del2035 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm
From what I can see there is no adjustment.
You can adjust the height setting yourself, it takes 5 minutes with an allen key, the adjusting screw is shown in this picture kindly posted by TimboYorks, clockwise to higher the beam, anti clockwise to lower the beam, I suggest half a turn at a time until you no longer get flashed.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4352&start=30
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

NPinUK

Post by NPinUK » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi, I picked up my car Friday and have been using DLA. I understand you flick stalk forward to put it on Auto. Fick forward again you have continuous full beam. When i pull the stalk back it just flashes full beam. How do you turn it off once activated so you go back to normal headlight beam?
Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0L BiTDI Orxy White, Leather + more
28/8/19 Ordered
27/9/19 Stage 3 Build WK Confirmed 42
13/10/19 Stage 5a, 17/10/19 Stage 5b,
18/10/19 Stage 5c, 22/10/19 Stage 6
6/11/19 Stage 7, 8/11/19 Collected, Yes!

Wildcat

Post by Wildcat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm

NPinUK wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Hi, I picked up my car Friday and have been using DLA. I understand you flick stalk forward to put it on Auto. Fick forward again you have continuous full beam. When i pull the stalk back it just flashes full beam. How do you turn it off once activated so you go back to normal headlight beam?
Pulling the stalk towards you should cancel DLA/Full beam and put you on dipped beam, if you pull too far towards you then it'll flash. Also, if you drop your speed below 19mph while using DLA, it puts it to dipped beam. It will also dip your beam if you come into street lights.
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019

Jumborat

Post by Jumborat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 am

NPinUK wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm
If the DLA is not active, ie a white "a" on your dash you push the stalk forward for continuous full beam then pull it back as if you're flashing your lights.

If DLA is active, pulling the stalk back will switch back to dipped.
Tiguan 2.0 TDi 150PS SEL DSG, Indium Grey.

03/08/18 Ordered
26/10/18 Collected

fyfeflyer1

Post by fyfeflyer1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm

I too have issue with DLA, (full beam takes too long to dip down) today I queried this with my local VW service centre and am awaiting a response software update, camera recalibration etc etc so will ley you all know think on early editions this might be a characteristic of the setup I believe newer cars dip back in a heart beat which is what it should do
r line tig 2l tdi 150bhp,indium grey f&r heated seats,heated windscreen with phone charger blind spot recognition sat nav pro Dynaudio keyless entry/start full electric tailgate

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Mine often stays on full beam (blue) when i think it shouldn't with oncoming traffic, but no one has ever flashed me, i conclude the system is working as intended.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

Bogdanponline

Post by Bogdanponline » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm
Tom59, I was a little confused when I first got my Tig. You have to move the stalk until you see an A in the the icon displayed in the dash display as in my attached photos. When you meet an oncoming vehicle, the main beam moves into a mid position but the blue main beam icon still remains light on the dash display. I can only assume mine is working as should be as no oncoming vehicle has flashed me to indicate that I'm on full beam. I hope I have interpreted your question correctly
That's great. When an obstacle is in front of your car, that white icon will change in blue and when it will be again in full beam icon will be white again (with that A inside from Automatic light assist I think.) Also you can look how lights play when an obstacle is in front of your car and how that change in full after that.

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.