Keyless Entry

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
chillyman50

Keyless Entry

Post by chillyman50 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

HI really an FYI to all owners.

For any of you that opted for the keyless entry on your cars , these are much easier to steal from outside your home. :evil: ON Rip off Britain about 6 months ago, they demonstrated how easy and the different methods that can be used to steal a car. :!:

BBC have reported this morning that thefts of these cars has gone up significantly. :cry:

Best to have them garaged, add an immobiliser, and or wheel lock.

I do not have keyless entry because of this, and have opted for additional security.

just trying to be friendly :D
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

Breezer

Re: Keyless Entry

Post by Breezer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 am

See this thread for lots more detail - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2659&hilit=keyless
SEL 2.0 TSI 4WD DSG
Ruby Red+Area View with Park Assist +DCC +Electric Tailgate & Keyless Entry +Heated Windscreen +Wireless Charging +Tyre Monitor +Leather Seats
Ord: 20/02/17 | Built: 03/04/17 | Landed: 21/04/17 | Rec: 02/05/17

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am

thanks. It really does support what the BBC and rip off Britain have said and demonstrated. You can buy a container t place the keys in to stop the signal . That was just one method though.
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:05 am

Hi, if anyone with keyless entry is interested you can lock the car with the button on the key then immediately press your finger on the indent on the door handle. This disables the keyless entry until you next unlock the car with the key.

I think there's also a sequence you can press on the key to disable it from sending a signal.

R-line

Post by R-line » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 am

TingTing wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:05 am
Hi, if anyone with keyless entry is interested you can lock the car with the button on the key then immediately press your finger on the indent on the door handle. This disables the keyless entry until you next unlock the car with the key.

I think there's also a sequence you can press on the key to disable it from sending a signal.
Thats really handy to know, I must give it a try later.

You can also turn it off completely with either VCDS or OBDeleven but still keep the keyless start stop.
Waiting on my new R line in tungsten silver with keyless, electric boot, rear camera and DCC

182_blue

Post by 182_blue » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 pm

TingTing wrote:

So you need to pop the key hole cover off every time?
Mk2 R Line , DSG 180 petrol

F2paul

Post by F2paul » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:07 pm

I will give that a go. For our keyless entry cars I have been keeping the keys in one of the signal blocker pouches .
2.0 Tdi , DSG , SEL 4 motion Indium Grey. Collected 31.1.18

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi 182_Blue, you don't need to take the key hole cover off - when using the key it's just pressing the locking symbol button on the key fob.

You should know it's worked as, after you've locked with the fob and pressed the door handle, the car won't unlock when you're stood next to it. You'll have to press the unlocking symbol on the fob to unlock it.

Henry11

Post by Henry11 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:05 pm

TingTing you are a star, thanks for that, tried it today and works a treat. Saved me buying faraday pouch
1.5 tsi evo DSG Match 150 ps. Crimson red, debadged, Kingston alloys, ergo seats and electric boot

R-line

Post by R-line » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm

182_blue wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 pm
TingTing wrote:

So you need to pop the key hole cover off every time?
No you just use the button on the key.
Waiting on my new R line in tungsten silver with keyless, electric boot, rear camera and DCC

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.