Wet Footwells Driver Side Front and Rear

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
peterg

Re: Wet Footwells Driver Side Front and Rear

Post by peterg » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Add me to the list. Because my drive is qiuite steep I park sideways on to the house and always reverse in, therefore the nearside of the car is lower than the offside.
Last night, after having not used the car for three days I saw that the front passenger footwell carpet was saturated ( see photo ) and there was water droplets on the passenger visor, no other area appears to be effected.
I had the sunroof modification carried out a few weeks ago, prior to that no problems.
Like Tiggy I have booked my car in to Listers in Worcester so hopefully will get a similar positive experience.

BFD85279-9ECB-4BD6-BDE5-6516DAC5B0FD.jpeg

2.0 150 DSG 2WD Caribbean blue, 20" Miramar wheels,heated seats & steering wheel + paddle shift, wireless smartphone charger, keyless entry/stopstart, heated front windscreen, electric tailgate, heads up display, sports suspension,

kenville

Post by kenville » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 pm

It’s quite concerning to read about this problem. I had this really bad on my Mark IV Golf and you would’ve thought VW would know by now what causes this. Costs a fortune to sort out if not under warranty.

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

take to a main dealer. its their problem to fix. they will want to keep the car for three days. this is free of charge.
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

Return to “Faults & Technical”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.