Speed LImits Wrong In Latest Update

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
milligan

Re: Speed LImits Wrong In Latest Update

Post by milligan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am

I might be wrong as I wasn’t really paying attention but I am fairly sure I have ended calls using the button on the right side of the steering wheel. It may be that it brings up the phone menu but if the button is pushed agin then it may end the call. Give that a go as you are right, it is inconvenient having to end a call on the info screen.
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDI 4M 190PS DSG, Tungsten Silver, TPMS
Ordered 11/6/2018
handover 11/01/19 :D :D Only 214 days!! Old AID fitted :roll:

Newfie

Post by Newfie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:10 pm

When a call comes in or out the AID will show the call.
And yes Milligan is right by pressing the OK button on the right will end the call if the other person on the other doesn't finish it before you. If it was an inbound call the screen will go back to what it was showing prior the call.
Tiguan SWB SEL 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG MY2019 White Silver. Collected 26/10/18
Tiguan SWB Match 2.0TDi 150PS DSG Caribbean Blue (Wife's car). Collected 23/4/19

Earl_H

Post by Earl_H » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm

I spoke to VW customer services a few weeks ago, about a different issue but commented on this map issue.

In an unusually frank discussion that followed, the VWCS rep confirmed that VW was well aware of the problem (many many complaints) and was hoping to resolve it at the next update - but he was not "holding his breath".

The reality is VW is hiding behind "corporate veils"
  • Your contract is with the dealer - they are responsible to you and only you can only sue them on this one issue
  • Your dealer uses VWUK - they are responsible to VWUK and they can only sue them as one dealer on one issue
  • VAG only deal with national operations - who can directly sue them but under international trading law (complex)
The only thing that pierces CVs are class actions (think "Desiel Gate") and UK lawyers don't seem to want to get involved.

So I've taken the view that its an expensive joke (on me) and results in me giving very negative comments on VW and to date I've managed to put 6 people off buying the brand - this VW understand.

Cheers
SEL, 190PS, DSG, 4Motion, Indium Grey, 20" Miramar Alloys, Area View, Heads Up, Factory Towbar, Sports Suspension
Tig Name - "Das Brick", Towing Elddis Affinity 550

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

I totally agree with all that Earl_H has said. VAG is using every part of the available trading laws to shirk it’s responsibility, with absolutely no respect for its customers.
If the map data is not fit for purpose (which it clearly isn’t), then using VAG’s wording of the trading laws, their contract is with map data suppliers , so why are they not being more heavy handed with them and threatening them with either legal action or the threat of using another supplier?.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, but ‘17 Model).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather with memory, Keyless and electric tailgate, Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, Protection pack and HUD.

mkpete

Post by mkpete » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:56 am

I also complained to VW and do not accept that it is nothing to do with them. We purchased the car from them. It is their responsibility in the same way that they they are responsible for car parts that they have not manufactured. They have a contact with HERE. Only they can take action against them.
I looked at the map on the HERE website and the speed limits are shown correctly on roads that the VW sat nav has incorrect speed limits. The problem therefore lies with the data that VW have.
Incidentally, HERE is majority-owned by a consortium of German car companies including Audi (part of the VAG group)!
I will await the next update with interest but am not exactly full of confidence. It would be useful if VW would at least inform us whether they have cured the problem as I do not want to waste my time downloading yet another useless update.
If the issue is not solved than I will be writing to motoring magazines. Perhaps if enough people do this, the motoring press may publicise the issue.
Ordered 12 October 2018 2.0l TSI SEL DSG with Area View with Park Assist, Keyless Entry, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Voice Recognition.
Order cancelled on 15 October.
Ordered 2l 150 TDI SEL DSG 2WD with same spec
Picked up 19 Dec 2018

lagerorwine

Post by lagerorwine » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 am

If the speed limits are correct on the HERE website, do you think its possibly the firmware in the headunits, as that never seems to be updated? Having said that, both the older and newer headunits appear to be affected.

I'm off to France then Spain next week with the caravan and as France brought in changes to speed limits in July last year, I hoped the problem would have been resolved, especially as France has been issuing lots of speeding fines to UK drivers in recent weeks
17 reg, Tiguan 190 DSG 4Motion SEL in Tungsten Silver (matches my hair), with Area View, Towbar, Keyless entry/Elec Tailgate, 4yr warranty , Caravanner

mkpete

Post by mkpete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 am

lagerorwine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 am
If the speed limits are correct on the HERE website, do you think its possibly the firmware in the headunits, as that never seems to be updated? Having said that, both the older and newer headunits appear to be affected.

Who knows!
It would help if Customer Services acknowledged the problem.
Ordered 12 October 2018 2.0l TSI SEL DSG with Area View with Park Assist, Keyless Entry, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Voice Recognition.
Order cancelled on 15 October.
Ordered 2l 150 TDI SEL DSG 2WD with same spec
Picked up 19 Dec 2018

lagerorwine

Post by lagerorwine » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Yes - the VW customer 'fob-off' service
17 reg, Tiguan 190 DSG 4Motion SEL in Tungsten Silver (matches my hair), with Area View, Towbar, Keyless entry/Elec Tailgate, 4yr warranty , Caravanner

Return to “Faults & Technical”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.