Post by iggy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:02 am

i've just checked the Adblue range on the AID and its showing 6000 miles

looks like i'll be ok for a while, thanks again

AlanH

Re: Adblue Top Up Question

Post by AlanH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm

CNC wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 pm
If you have a 2019 MY the Adblue tank was increased to 18 litres so you could get 9000 miles to a tank. I have a 12 litre tank on my 2018 MY. Mine came up with a warning today letting me know I am down to a 1500 mile range - you get plenty of warning so don't worry.
You can see my Adblue refills here if you are interested viewtopic.php?t=2747&start=20
guessing mine wasnt full on delivery, 20019 model 68 plate and im down to 800 miles, for refill, trip is at 5k and its saying 16l to fill
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

DaveL62

Post by DaveL62 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi
I am really puzzled now. My Tiguan has just had its Adblue topped up at my main dealers. It was showing 300 miles until 'it would not start'. It is a 2017 model.
I paid for 21 litres, yet I've just read on the forum my tank's capacity is 12litres.
Have I been diddled.
Kind regards
David
Black SE Nav, 2.0 TDI, DSG, mudflaps, chrome exhaust tips, LED side, main, dip and fog lights, full LED interior lights, additional boot light, Rezaw-Plast boot liner for lower shelf position, rear bumper protector, sill protectors, wind deflectors.

CNC

Post by CNC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 pm

DaveL62 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Hi
I am really puzzled now. My Tiguan has just had its Adblue topped up at my main dealers. It was showing 300 miles until 'it would not start'. It is a 2017 model.
I paid for 21 litres, yet I've just read on the forum my tank's capacity is 12litres.
Have I been diddled.
Kind regards
David
Hopefully the dealer just got the numbers the wrong way around and they meant 12, not 21. There is an online VW price promise which says £1.50/litre so 12 litres means you should pay no more than £18 https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/ser ... ce-promise
Bear in mind this is still up to twice the price than had you refilled it yourself, I usually do it myself for around 75p/litre.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

DaveL62

Post by DaveL62 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 am

Hi CNC,
Thank you for your confirmation. They did charge me £1.50 per litre (£1.25 +VAT), £31.50 in total plus I did'nt realise to 'DIY' it was that price.
After VW ruined my Mk1 Tiguan 2.0TDI with the emissions upgrade, cough cough, I think I'll let them carry on doing it for the bit that I use, but once again thank you.
Kind regards
David
Black SE Nav, 2.0 TDI, DSG, mudflaps, chrome exhaust tips, LED side, main, dip and fog lights, full LED interior lights, additional boot light, Rezaw-Plast boot liner for lower shelf position, rear bumper protector, sill protectors, wind deflectors.

Wildcat

Post by Wildcat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 am

DaveL62 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 am
Hi CNC,
Thank you for your confirmation. They did charge me £1.50 per litre (£1.25 +VAT), £31.50 in total plus I did'nt realise to 'DIY' it was that price.
After VW ruined my Mk1 Tiguan 2.0TDI with the emissions upgrade, cough cough, I think I'll let them carry on doing it for the bit that I use, but once again thank you.
Kind regards
David
I would definitely go back to them because they've over-charged you. There is no way you can fit 21 litres of adblue into a 12 litre tank :!: I would also request a heavy discounted price for your next service by way of compensation...
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019

rockman2

Post by rockman2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Probably the put in 12 and made a mistake when filling in the worksheet. Then whoever calculated the invoice priced for 21. I would still go and complain.
MK2 Tiguan 2.0 150TDi S Deep Black Pearl with nothing apart from a couple of chrome exhaust tips and replacement headlight bulbs.

page999

Post by page999 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 am

DaveL62,

I had the same problem, went back and they said wasn't there a part used 10l drum in the boot?
Had all sorts of problems when I confirmed there wasn't and I wanted my money back.
Big row with the service manager who tried to had me a third full drum in lieu.
After a complaint to VW about dealer practice of keeping the remaining fluid, I got my money back but will never use VW for adblue ever again.

Seems to be a dealer perk!!!

Rory

Post by Rory » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 pm

page999 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 am
DaveL62,

I had the same problem, went back and they said wasn't there a part used 10l drum in the boot?
Had all sorts of problems when I confirmed there wasn't and I wanted my money back.
Big row with the service manager who tried to had me a third full drum in lieu.
After a complaint to VW about dealer practice of keeping the remaining fluid, I got my money back but will never use VW for adblue ever again.

Seems to be a dealer perk!!!
I guess the dealers are pretty miffed at VW forcing them to do it for £1.50 /litre, especially on models where everything, including the spare wheel, has to be pulled out of the boot. They introduced the charge because some dealers were charging people £60-70 for AdBlue refills.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2 for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.

DaveL62

Post by DaveL62 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi everyone
Thank you for all of your helpful comments.
I rang the dealer up and explained the situation.
The service department had to confirm that what I was saying was the truth, i.e. the tank was 12 litres, and then told me that whoever had used the Adblu machine before him mustn't have zero'd it when they'd done the job!!!!!!!
They then offered to carry the overpayment to when I next went in to fill up with Adblu which I declined as in 12 months they'd have forgotten what they said they'd do.
Dealer then offered to fully refund the overcharge, and did this over the phone.
Result, but if it had not been for this forum, I would have been none the wiser.
Thank you everyone.

Return to “Faults & Technical”