Deleting contacts from the phone display

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
DrDugdale

Deleting contacts from the phone display

Post by DrDugdale » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi, just had a new Huawei phone and have been trying to set it up. Nice lady in the dealership set up my old Samsung phone for me two years ago. The problem is that I had typed in one of the phone numbers wrong, by one digit. Now, even though I have corrected the error on my handset phone, I can't seem to get the car to use the new, correct number. That is to say, when I press the (one of four) numbers on the car dashboard, it always still tries to dial the incorrect number.

So the question is, how do I delete contacts off the car dashboard screen or maybe even just reset the whole thing? I have been through the relevant parts of the manual (pp61-68) with a fine tooth comb and cannot see a thing that helps.

Also, while I'm on, how do I delete the profile of my old Samsung phone off the car? It is now 100% retired (as I should be!)

Cheers :?

mrew42

Re: Deleting contacts from the phone display

Post by mrew42 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Have you deleted the old phone ?

(Nicked from another thread) Menu.... Setup.... Bluetooth.... Paired devices..... Select and delete.
That should sort the contacts
Then when you bluetooth connect your new phone it should ask to import the contacts
1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG - Indium Grey
2 Year lease through Hub Leasing - Ordered 13/02/18 - Delivered 09/03/18

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.