R Line Tech 1.5tsI evo V Cupra Ateca

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
CNC

Re: R Line Tech 1.5tsI evo V Cupra Ateca

Post by CNC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am

Essjay wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:25 am
I’m confused, you say there is no option for reversing camera, and yet Park Assist is standard.
What does the Park Assist use for the screen views if there’s no camera?

Steve
This https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology ... ng-sensors
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 am

CNC wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am
Essjay wrote:
I’m confused, you say there is no option for reversing camera, and yet Park Assist is standard.

Steve
I’m well aware that Park Assist uses the sensors, but there is no way in hell that I’d let the car park itself and not show me on the screen a picture of what it’s doing :o .
There are odd occasions where the Park Assist, for some reason or another, will take you very close to the curb, and on a couple of occasions I’ve decided to take manual control to avoid ‘curbing’ my alloys. Not to be able to see if this is going to happen is, to my mind, putting far too much trust in a system where you can’t see what’s going on.
VW include the rear camera as part of the Park Assist option, presumably as it’s deemed to be a requirement, so why not SEAT ? :roll:

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, but MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather with memory, Keyless and electric tailgate, Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, Protection pack and HUD.

CNC

Post by CNC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 am

Essjay wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 am
CNC wrote:
Essjay wrote:

Steve
I’m well aware that Park Assist uses the sensors, but there is no way in hell that I’d let the car park itself and not show me on the screen a picture of what it’s doing :o .
There are odd occasions where the Park Assist, for some reason or another, will take you very close to the curb, and on a couple of occasions I’ve decided to take manual control to avoid ‘curbing’ my alloys. Not to be able to see if this is going to happen is, to my mind, putting far too much trust in a system where you can’t see what’s going on.
VW include the rear camera as part of the Park Assist option, presumably as it’s deemed to be a requirement, so why not SEAT ? :roll:

Steve
I agree, but with no camera that's all you get on the main screen during auto parking.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Essjay wrote:
CNC wrote:
Essjay wrote:

Steve

Steve
Ah, not what you asked, you asked what does park assist use, not what do they give me to monitor park assist.

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Tricky wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Essjay wrote:
CNC wrote:

Steve
Ah, not what you asked, you asked what does park assist use for the screen views, not what do they give me to monitor park assist.

Still Game

Post by Still Game » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Yeah it has a graphic display, but no reverse cam and no option to add one, bonkers

CNC

Post by CNC » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:21 am

Essjay wrote:
CNC wrote:
Essjay wrote:

Steve

Steve
Steve, It was the screen graphics in the video I was referring to rather than it uses the sensors.

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Just to resurrect this thread.... I just hit go on a Cupra Ateca on a 2 year lease for delivery in March.
Worked out cheaper over the term than the 1.5 TSi R Line Tech.
Nothing against the Tig whatsoever but the engine in the Cupra is simply bonkers!

Sent from my Mate 20 X using Tapatalk

1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG - Indium Grey
2 Year lease through Hub Leasing - Ordered 13/02/18 - Delivered 09/03/18

CNC

Post by CNC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Just to resurrect this thread.... I just hit go on a Cupra Ateca on a 2 year lease for delivery in March.
Nothing against the Tig whatsoever but the engine in the Cupra is simply bonkers!

Bet you can't wait for March to come around. Just have to keep a careful eye on the driving licence. Looking forward to some pictures when it arrives.

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:45 pm

CNC wrote:
mrew42 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Bet you can't wait for March to come around. Just have to keep a careful eye on the driving licence. Looking forward to some pictures when it arrives.
That is probably my only worry Image

1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG - Indium Grey
2 Year lease through Hub Leasing - Ordered 13/02/18 - Delivered 09/03/18

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.