Rubber mats and boot liners

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
jhibbs93

Rubber mats and boot liners

Post by jhibbs93 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey!

I'm looking for reviews for rubber mats (front and rear) and a boot accessory for my Tiguan, that I'm picking up on Saturday (7th).

I see on the VW accessories brochure that there are indeed rubber mats (front and rear) - how have people found the quality of these? In the past, I have had other manufacturer specific mats and they have deteriorated within a few years.

I also see from the brochure that there are three types of boot accessories: The boot tray (variable loading floor), Flexible boot liner and Boot mat (variable loading floor). Firstly, what is a variable loading floor and will my Tig have one? How have people found these particular products, and which is best for just general protection of the boot floor?

Thanks in advance.
2016 (66) 2.0 TDI BlueMotion SEL 4Motion (s/s) in Reflex Silver Metallic. Purchase date: 7/9/19 @39,200 miles.

Essjay

Re: Rubber mats and boot liners

Post by Essjay » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, but MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

scrounger

Post by scrounger » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:45 am

Ive the VW rubber mats and they are pretty good.

Not as good a quality as you'd get from BMW or Mercedes but as I got them for free in my deal, I'm not complaining.

Boot liner wise, buy aftermarket. The horrible foam one you get from VW is pants and doesn't fit if you have the floor lowered.
Tiguan R-Line Tech 190 DSG 4Motion in White

lagerorwine

Post by lagerorwine » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:18 pm

I have the VW rubber mats and the variable boot liner (from Ebay) made by RezawPlast (Polish). 2 years use, still happy with both, particularly the heavy duty boot liner

eBay item number:
£29.99 delivered currently
17 reg, Tiguan 190 DSG 4Motion SEL in Tungsten Silver (matches my hair), with Area View, Towbar, Keyless entry/Elec Tailgate, 4yr warranty , Caravanner

Jeremy_SWE

Post by Jeremy_SWE » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm

lagerorwine wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:18 pm
I have the VW rubber mats and the variable boot liner (from Ebay) made by RezawPlast (Polish). 2 years use, still happy with both, particularly the heavy duty boot liner

eBay item number:
£29.99 delivered currently
^^^ this ^^^

Really happy with exactly the same setup.
1.4tsi 150ps DSG6 4M
Pure white
19" Victoria
Ergo-active seats w.massage
Discover media NAVI
Sign assist
AID
Full keyless+electric tailgate
Tow pack w.camera
Aux-heater w.remote
Heated wheel
Dynaudio
Wireless charger
Side/rear scan
Amb.light pack

tommm

Post by tommm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Sorry to bring up and old thread, but I'm looking into getting a boot liner for the incoming new car and after searching I have found the following contenders after trawling the internet/forum:

https://www.vwmotorparts.com/accessorie ... -1128.html

https://www.travall.co.uk/volkswagen/ti ... mYQAvD_BwE

I've also heard of the Rezaw Plast ones, but haven't found a proper answer on which once to buy that'll fit - any help on that would be greatly appreciated!

Basically, I was a simple boot liner. Good fit with a little grip. No dogs or heavy loads really (occasional dump trips aside), but I do have a muddy pushchair going in and out! Any advice from people with experience with any of these (or other options) would be appreciated! Boot will be in the upper position 99% of the time.

Cheers,
Tom

Blackstar

Post by Blackstar » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Not rubber but a boot liner we bought mainly for use during dump runs with bags of garden refuse etc to keep the sides and seat backs clean as well as the floor. Not what you'd call heavy duty but excellent value for the price.

2019 2.0 TDI (190 ps) SEL SCR 4MOTION DSG Atlantic Blue metallic swivelling towbar

rcgbob44

Post by rcgbob44 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 pm

I bought a doggy liner for my rear seats and it's bloody fantastic and it even gas zip up ends to keep the doors clean.
2017 VW Tiguan SE Nav 2.0 Diesel 150.

rcgbob44

Post by rcgbob44 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 pm

As an aside I keep a small tarp in the boot, on top of the spare wheel, that covers the whole of the rear of the car when the rear seats are layer flat.
2017 VW Tiguan SE Nav 2.0 Diesel 150.

tommm

Post by tommm » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm

rcgbob44 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 pm
As an aside I keep a small tarp in the boot, on top of the spare wheel, that covers the whole of the rear of the car when the rear seats are layer flat.
I'm planning to do this as well!

Thanks for the ideas around the doggy liners, but I'm more looking for a rubber mat style than one of those. I actually have a doggy liner in the current car and get a bit annoyed with it flapping about so just want the floor covered.