Service intervals

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
cardriver29

Service intervals

Post by cardriver29 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm

I got one of those VIN decodes for my VW that shows all the codes and what they mean.

In it is a code Q16 = Service indicator 30000Km or 2 Year variable.

But the car seems to indicate every year early december and seems to be the anniversary of the previous owners service back in Dec 2017

Do I duly had a service in Dec 2018.

Now its popped up again saying I need a service in 800 miles.

I just had my first MOT in september when they said the car needed brake and Haldex oil change.

Its only been a year since the last service and only 9000 miles.

VW ipswich have already phoned my 3 times trying to get me to book in for service.

Whats is the norm on service intervals?
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI. 66 Plate. White. Vienna Leather. Storm grey. DSG. Side scan, Park assist with Area view, TPMS, DCC, Towbar, Electric tailgate, Voice, Dynaudio. Headlight washers. Heated steering wheel. HUD

cardriver29

Re: Service intervals

Post by cardriver29 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Ah ok 1year or 10000 whichever is soonest
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI. 66 Plate. White. Vienna Leather. Storm grey. DSG. Side scan, Park assist with Area view, TPMS, DCC, Towbar, Electric tailgate, Voice, Dynaudio. Headlight washers. Heated steering wheel. HUD

CNC

Re: Service intervals

Post by CNC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:37 pm

All new VW's are delivered to the UK set to 30,000km service intervals (otherwise known as variable servicing). If you decide an annual service suits your driving style better you can ask your dealer to change it for you, this is then 15,000km/12 months.
It seems your Tiguan has been changed to fixed servicing intervals at the request of the original owner.
Sounds like it's going to be an expensive Christmas with a service, brake fluid and haldex oil change all in one.
While they are changing the haldex oil ask them to clean the gauze strainer, this is not part of the usual service or haldex oil change and they will charge you for it but if it is not done it can lead to failure of the haldex system, it has been discussed here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/h ... an.379347/
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.