March Collections

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Zobware

March Collections

Post by Zobware » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am

Thought I'd start a chat for those collecting in March. What have you ordered, what are you coming from, what are you most looking forward to etc?

My order is now confirmed as build week 3 so all being well should arrive just before March but will collect on the 20 plate.

Tiguan 1.5 TSi DSG R-line
Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Heated Rear Seats
Emergency Assist
Tyre Pressure monitoring system
De-badged
Space Saver Spare wheel (I thought this was standard but had to specify as a zero cost option when ordering)

I'm moving from a Mercedes 250 GLA 4matic and I'm most looking forward to getting more than 23mpg!

Planning on fitting gloss black wing mirror covers and perhaps running boards but not sure on these yet. Anyone got any thoughts on running boards? Don't need them for getting in/our but thought they might stop road dirt splashing up the side of the car?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zobware on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

NPinUK

Re: March Collections

Post by NPinUK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 am

The running boards make it easier for children to get in and out of the car. My 4 and 7 year old can step on the running board and straight into the car so dont have climb on the plastic. However i don't think there really suitable for adults. I thought they would be ok to climb on when washing the roof of car but they are not that wide so thats a no, i use a stool. They do look good but I wouldnt pay the full price for them. I bought genuine ones of VW south Nottinghan on ebay they put them on now and again.

They probably do stop some road dirt/debris coming onto the car but be prepared for your car to to still get quite dirty quickly on the doors. Especially this time of year.

Hope that helps.
Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0L BiTDI
Orxy White, Leather with Heated Rear Seats, Pro Nav, Dynaudio & TPMS.
28/8/19 Ordered, 8/11/19 Collected, Yes!

Zobware

Post by Zobware » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 am

NPinUK wrote:The running boards make it easier for children to get in and out of the car. My 4 and 7 year old can step on the running board and straight into the car so dont have climb on the plastic. However i don't think there really suitable for adults. I thought they would be ok to climb on when washing the roof of car but they are not that wide so thats a no, i use a stool. They do look good but I wouldnt pay the full price for them. I bought genuine ones of VW south Nottinghan on ebay they put them on now and again.

They probably do stop some road dirt/debris coming onto the car but be prepared for your car to to still get quite dirty quickly on the doors. Especially this time of year.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply, I'll not need for cleaning or anyone getting in and out as we have teenagers now but could imagine they would be useful for little ones. We're they straightforward to fit yourself and how much should I be looking to pay for genuine boards? Dealer price fitted seems a bit steep!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

NPinUK

Post by NPinUK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 pm

It took me a while to fit. I started around 1 in the afternoon thinking id be done by 4 but it got dark and ended up working with some lights. They do come with full instructions.

Main problem was geting the smaller cover off at the bottom of the car. It has 1 black clip which was not easy to release. But once u know how it will be quicker next time. It has been mentioned in this post here:- viewtopic.php?t=5060

Thanks to JamieSt You can see the black clip in the photo.

Everything else was straight forward. I used a angle grinder to cut the covers. The instructions tell you the measurements and where to cut so its bang on.

I was pleased with the result. I knew the job was done properly. The ones I bought were the non mud flap compatible ones but I am yet to find out what really is the difference is between the two to make them compatible and non compatible with mud flaps. I have asked the dealers and even they don't know.

They are around £380 on Ebay but i got a 10% voucher for some reason. It came up buy now and 10% off. I think you probably can get them even cheaper if you keep looking every day but my car was here so needed them.

Neil
Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0L BiTDI
Orxy White, Leather with Heated Rear Seats, Pro Nav, Dynaudio & TPMS.
28/8/19 Ordered, 8/11/19 Collected, Yes!

ZaheerUK

Post by ZaheerUK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Mine is down for Build Week 2! Just like yourself I'm expecting it to arrive the dealership around 1st/2nd week of feb - but I'll probably collect in March on the new 20-plate too! My new order :

Tiguan 2.0TDI R-Line Tech (150) in Indium Grey
- Head Up Display
- Emergency Assist
- TPMS
- Rear Heated Seats
VW Tiguan R Line Tech DSG 2.0 TDi DSG White
13/03 - S1 - Processing
26/03 - S2 - With Factory
30/05 - S3 - BWC
27/06 - S5a - Transit
03/07 - S5b - Shipped
05/07 - S5c - Near UK
09/07 - S6 - Arrived in UK
15/07 - Collected!!

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.