Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

March Collections

34K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  Russ123 
#1 ·
Thought I'd start a chat for those collecting in March. What have you ordered, what are you coming from, what are you most looking forward to etc?

My order is now confirmed as build week 3 so all being well should arrive just before March but will collect on the 20 plate.

Tiguan 1.5 TSi DSG R-line
Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Heated Rear Seats
Emergency Assist
Tyre Pressure monitoring system
De-badged
Space Saver Spare wheel (I thought this was standard but had to specify as a zero cost option when ordering)

I'm moving from a Mercedes 250 GLA 4matic and I'm most looking forward to getting more than 23mpg!

Planning on fitting gloss black wing mirror covers and perhaps running boards but not sure on these yet. Anyone got any thoughts on running boards? Don't need them for getting in/our but thought they might stop road dirt splashing up the side of the car?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#27 ·
Well, unfortunately I'll not be collecting tomorrow as planned. Been to the dealer to sign paperwork and inspect the car today, when I arrived the sales manager was very apologetic but they have somehow managed to scratch the rear bumper! It is not too bad, two marks about 15mm each along the edge in the middle. The are going to send it away Monday to have it resprayed. I'm hoping it will be done well and as good as new as Oryx White paint... Also a small chip on one of the alloy wheels! They are going to easily rectify that by swapping the wheel with their newly registered demonstrator that was in the workshop having PDI completed. Bit disapointed but these things happen and dealership were great the way they have dealt with it.

R-line tech 1.5tsi DSG
Premium Signature Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Emergency Assist
Heated Rear Seats
TPMS
De-badged
Gloss Black mirror covers
Running boards

#28 ·
Hoping all being well that i'll be collecting my Tiguan next Wednesday (04/03/20) I've ordered a :

R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 2WD,
Tungsten Silver Metallic,
Dynaudio Excite Soundpack,
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System,
Headlight Washer System,
Deletion Of Model Badge,

Coming out of a 2007 Lexus LS460 SE-L which has been nothing but a pleasure to own but considering that most of my driving now is short trips its just not getting the type of use it deserves hence moving to the Tiguan also i was finding it harder to find parking spaces big enough that the Lexus could fit into (Cars are getting bigger & bigger but the parking spaces aren't).

I'm not new to the VAG brand having had a VW B5 Passat 1.9 TDI, VW MK4 Golf 1.8T, Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.9 TDI, Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T, Audi B5 S4 2.7 V6T.

I'll to sure to post pictures once i've collected my Tiggy

#29 ·
Zobware said:
Well, unfortunately I'll not be collecting tomorrow as planned. Been to the dealer to sign paperwork and inspect the car today, when I arrived the sales manager was very apologetic but they have somehow managed to scratch the rear bumper! It is not too bad, two marks about 15mm each along the edge in the middle. The are going to send it away Monday to have it resprayed. I'm hoping it will be done well and as good as new as Oryx White paint... Also a small chip on one of the alloy wheels! They are going to easily rectify that by swapping the wheel with their newly registered demonstrator that was in the workshop having PDI completed. Bit disapointed but these things happen and dealership were great the way they have dealt with it.

R-line tech 1.5tsi DSG
Premium Signature Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Emergency Assist
Heated Rear Seats
TPMS
De-badged
Gloss Black mirror covers
Running boards
Oh that's such a shame, sorry to hear this and hope it gets rectified ASAP as good as new.

I must say, total respect to you for taking it on the chin and handling it the way you have.👍

Good Luck!

#30 ·
Jay_w said:
Hoping all being well that i'll be collecting my Tiguan next Wednesday (04/03/20) I've ordered a :

R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 2WD,
Tungsten Silver Metallic,
Dynaudio Excite Soundpack,
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System,
Headlight Washer System,
Deletion Of Model Badge,

Coming out of a 2007 Lexus LS460 SE-L which has been nothing but a pleasure to own but considering that most of my driving now is short trips its just not getting the type of use it deserves hence moving to the Tiguan also i was finding it harder to find parking spaces big enough that the Lexus could fit into (Cars are getting bigger & bigger but the parking spaces aren't).

I'm not new to the VAG brand having had a VW B5 Passat 1.9 TDI, VW MK4 Golf 1.8T, Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.9 TDI, Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T, Audi B5 S4 2.7 V6T.

I'll to sure to post pictures once i've collected my Tiggy
Have you arrange a time yet?

I'm collecting on same day at midday.

Good Luck with collection.

#31 ·
Zobware said:
They are going to easily rectify that by swapping the wheel with their newly registered demonstrator that was in the workshop having PDI completed.
It might not bother you but i like to have four matching tyres, make and model etc. If you feel the same it might be worth checking the wheel they put on has the same tyre make as the other three currently on.

#33 ·
Jay_w said:
@Mr Tig,

Yes should be collecting it around 11am all being well.

How come your having extra tints add to yours?
Oh cool, I'm just behind you then...I look forward to the pics.

When going to look at the r-line I noticed that the tints were 65% where as my current GTD as the optional 90% tints and the extra tints give my two kids that little bit of extra protection from the sun.

I also prefer my window to be slightly darker as I think it looks better too, obviously it's only a personal option.

If the car could of been spec with the 90's then I would of got it done by the factory, as it turns out my dealer said that she would sort so it looks same as on my GTD.

#34 ·
Collected our R-Line Tech Thursday evening, was rushed in by the dealer as they thought they may close by the weekend.....

It's a lovely car and love the auto gearbox and the sun roof!

Not so nice.... just noticed this morning a small dent on the drivers side door..... I'm sure it was probably already there when I collected the car as the car has only moved from the dealership to my driveway!! Really annoying but I can't prove it, so it's taken a massive shine off my purchase as it's all I can see now! It must of been the light as I walked past it earlier and it caught my eye!

Damn!!!!!

#36 ·
Ours was waiting for PDI or something up in a secret floor of our main dealership last Friday. Aiming for them tobget a wriggle on and get it done next week. It's been a long road with really bizarre turns of event this past few weeks. Would love for it to happen but it's in the lap of the gods this week.

Hope you're enjoying other than the wee dint...

#37 ·
LittleP14 said:
Collected our R-Line Tech Thursday evening, was rushed in by the dealer as they thought they may close by the weekend.....

It's a lovely car and love the auto gearbox and the sun roof!

Not so nice.... just noticed this morning a small dent on the drivers side door..... I'm sure it was probably already there when I collected the car as the car has only moved from the dealership to my driveway!! Really annoying but I can't prove it, so it's taken a massive shine off my purchase as it's all I can see now! It must of been the light as I walked past it earlier and it caught my eye!

Damn!!!!!
Well that's not good to hear.

Would it not be worth a punt at the dealers just to see what they say, esp as it was ''rushed by the dealers"? collection.

#38 ·
Were you offered a 30 day/1,000 mile 'no quibble' exchange policy*?
If so could you not use that as leverage?

* We were but that was on a Das WeltAuto used (ex VW manager) vehicle so not sure if that's also offered on new cars?

#39 ·
I've emailed the dealer to let them know my disappointment along with an image of the damage.

I'll see what they say! Iv no doubt it was caused at the dealership.

I had to tell them to put the plastic wheel arch trim on properly as I was doing a walk round as it had come away! Luckily that just snapped back into place.

It was all a little rushed!

#40 ·
carpbrother said:
Ours was waiting for PDI or something up in a secret floor of our main dealership last Friday. Aiming for them tobget a wriggle on and get it done next week. It's been a long road with really bizarre turns of event this past few weeks. Would love for it to happen but it's in the lap of the gods this week.

Hope you're enjoying other than the wee dint...
The dearlship phoned us this morning to say he doubts very much if we will be able to collect our car on the 31st as he is certain we will be in lockdown by then.
Gutted but understand the reasons and not much point having a new car if we can not go anywhere in it.

#41 ·
LittleP14 said:
I've emailed the dealer to let them know my disappointment along with an image of the damage.

I'll see what they say! Iv no doubt it was caused at the dealership.

I had to tell them to put the plastic wheel arch trim on properly as I was doing a walk round as it had come away! Luckily that just snapped back into place.

It was all a little rushed!
Don't suppose the dealer got back to you before the shut downs, did they?

#44 ·
LittleP14 said:
As if things couldn't get any worse.... I noticed like polish marks inside the boot...... and then I get the log book through..... and apparently I own a Tiguan SEL 4 motion petrol!!! Argh!!!
Ive been on a bit of a campaign about this mis-registering of RLine techs.

I have several complaints registered with VW UK as its a major inconvenience when it comes to getting insurance quotes or part ex valuations.

It took me several months to get mine sorted. It was eventually corrected with a new v5c in mid December (on the 3rd attempt), yet even now the car shows up as an SEL on almost every website I go onto.

Bottom line is this....VW UK DONT GIVE A TOSS. I complained in December and again in February, yet its still happening. To say they couldn't care less Would be complimenting their level of customer care. :evil:

#46 ·
LittleP14 said:
Not sure what to do now.... is this going to void my insurance? I inputted the vehicle manually on the quote when I got it.
Providing you have input the correct details and not what is says on the V5c, your insurance will be OK. You now need to get the V5c corrected which means your dealer getting a form or letter (I think they get that from the manufacturer) and then the dealer sends that form or letter with your V5c back to the DVLA to get it corrected. Normally takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks but with the current virus, no doubt will be much longer. Unfortunately, the process is fraught with problems from items lost in post to DVLA needing several goes to get it right. There is a thread on this which is worth reading. https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5630

I wonder whether part of the problem is that in some other countries, what we call the R-Line or R-Line Tech is called the SEL R-Line (they have a SEL model and a SEL R-Line model) - look on Youtube. I know there are also highline or comfortline models as well (not sure of their UK equivalents) If VW called the cars all by the same model name, perhaps this wouldn't be such a problem.

#50 ·
Me too although my vehicle is currently on the dockside awaiting a truck heading north.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.