Loss of rear tyre pressure Car in garage more than I like ATM

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
Sbonera

Loss of rear tyre pressure Car in garage more than I like ATM

Post by Sbonera » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi

Just looking for general advise technical and VW customer service wise with a saga longer than a Star Wars trilogy. Similar to another issues with tyre pressure loss viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6099&p=65747&hilit= ... ure#p65747

My apologies if you are asleep by the end of thread, just plain annoyed really.

losing 10PSI in a week or roughtly 130 miles, weekly trips to supermarket or getting my air compressor out

My current 2nd Tiguan (NEW) 4 months old has been having problems, this car is on a motability lease scheme and whilst I am not out of pocket the sheer amount of back and forth is driving me insane! especially as my wife is awaiting brain surgery and require weekly hospital visits atm. I would seriously been out of pocket with what has been done.

To summarise
Factory fitted hankook SUV tyres hankook ventus s1 evo2 suv

Tyre pressure loss
Kwik Fit 1st replacement tyre and valve (pirelli scorpion verde)
Issue appeared again taken to VW for inspection nothing found no work done at this time
Kwit Fit 2nd replacement Tyre (pirelli scorpion verde) advised to speak to VW if occurs again.
VW Visit replaced value and set all tyre pressure to 38 PSI
VW Visit took off tyre and inspected alloy, wheel refitted, advised could be fact 3 hankook and 1 pirelli
Kwik Fit authorised by Motability 3rd replacement tyre hankook ventus s1 evo2 suv All tyres now match

Still the issue persists, the vehicle is now back with the dealership and motability are trying hard to get authorisation for a replacement wheel after an approved RAC Independent report was submitted. It seems the dealership is now arguging the toss on how to proceed. Motability are just concerned with getting me back on the road. Customer service has been poor from this particular dealership.

milligan

Re: Loss of rear tyre pressure Car in garage more than I like ATM

Post by milligan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:58 am

Sorry if this has already been done but... Did Kwikfit take the wheel off the vehicle and immerse the whole wheel and tyre in a water bath? Alternatively did the fitter put a soap solution around the rim of the wheel? What you have described sounds like the allow wheel may have a defect near the rim.
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDI 4M 190PS DSG, Tungsten Silver, TPMS
Ordered 11/6/2018
Handover 11/01/19 :D :D Only 214 days!!
Old AID fitted :roll:
Pano roof lights reinstated 16/10/19 :D :D :

John27

Post by John27 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 am

milligan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:58 am
Sorry if this has already been done but... Did Kwikfit take the wheel off the vehicle and immerse the whole wheel and tyre in a water bath? Alternatively did the fitter put a soap solution around the rim of the wheel? What you have described sounds like the allow wheel may have a defect near the rim.
I agree. If you have had now the original tyre and three replacements as well as changing the valves, I can't see what is left other than a faulty alloy?
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion DSG - White with Vienna Leather, Head-up Display, TPMS, Side Scan & Voice Activation

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm

It sounds like a porous casting so complete immersion or spraying a soap/water solution all over the wheel should show some leakage. I would swap the tyres on the rims and see if the leak persists. Another valid approach would be to get a set of wheels from one of their fleet drive cars and let them have the problem. No warranty issues and they would not be out of pocket either. That would have been my approach after your second complaint. I really despair at how some service managers think sometimes.
White 162kw/217.246hp, DSG

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Chris wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm
I really despair at how some service managers think sometimes.
Might not be the same thing but we had issues with the finish on wheels and the dealer refused to change them. I tried VW customer service and they told me it's entirely up to the dealer, but if they change them and VW don't agree they're faulty then they won't refund the dealer. Puts the dealer in a very difficult position.

Motability must be an absolutely massive customer for VW UK - it's hard to imagine they can't just jump and down all over whoever looks after them at VW and get it sorted.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:12 pm

More scams are pulled under a warranty claim than you can imagine or any manufacturer can stop. It is done every day to suit the dealer's operations and any decent warranty guy could organise something like this in a heart beat. I speak from direct experience here, I've done the job and my son currently is a warranty clerk as well. The first qualification a warranty clerk needs is to be inventive with the truth.
White 162kw/217.246hp, DSG

Sbonera

Post by Sbonera » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Thanks for all responses. Kwik fit did the soapy water test on the 2nd tyre and found nothing, replacing the 3rd tyre the alloy was covered in so much black gunk from where Vw had removed and put tyre back on. The fitter had to clean the alloy. I think motability are now asked replace the alloy, get me back on the road and argue who foots the bill thereafter.

Having worked in the car lease industry motability will certainly be a big customer of Vw and negotiate prices every few years I would imagine.

I will place a complaint with Vw customer service, might move things along quicker.

Return to “Faults & Technical”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.