Newbie... questions and opinion sought

New to the Tiguan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Steadyeddy

Re: Newbie... questions and opinion sought

Post by Steadyeddy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 am

And my Tuppence! :D

Active headlights - great but don't raise beam until 38mph. This is a pain and something VW need to change. I came from an X3 which had auto dipping headlights which worked at any speed. Far better. However LED headlights are very good.

DSG - very good but not a patch on the ZF Torque converter in the X3. i wouldn't have manual though.

Auto hold and auto handbrake - wouldn't be without. make driving so easy. Wish rear lights would dim/go out when auto hold comes on though. Blinds people behind.

Pano roof. Great for letting light in but rarely open it.

Love the comfortable and adjustable handling, ride and steering with the DCC. Much more comfortable than X3

ACC - just brilliant for a relaxing drive. Use it all the time.

Active info display - excellent.

The satnave is good but I use Android auto all the time and google maps is better and has live traffic.

Go for SEL. Its a great package!
Tiguan SEL 230 TSI - DSG - 4Motion - Urano Grey - Electric tailgate.

scifipleb

Post by scifipleb » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Steadyeddy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 am
Active headlights - great but don't raise beam until 38mph. This is a pain and something VW need to change. I came from an X3 which had auto dipping headlights which worked at any speed. Far better. However LED headlights are very good.
This. Makes them useless on country lanes and drives me !@£$%!!!!

Stewey

Post by Stewey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Wow, thanks for your quick replies.

I was half expecting the answers to be a bit more divided or 'it depends' in nature, but it seems like a bit of landslide in favour of the SEL.

I'll have to find the extra 1500 :)

TIGeRLine

Post by TIGeRLine » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Steadyeddy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 am
Auto hold. Wish rear lights would dim/go out when auto hold comes on though. Blinds people behind.
Couldn’t agree more.

One of my main annoyances with driving today, nobody uses their handbrake anymore.

This is why I operate the handbrake manually at night to avoid being a hypocrite.
2018 R-Line 240 Bi-TDI 4Motion.

Stewey

Post by Stewey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 pm
Got to be the SEL just for the active info upgrade alone, you will regret not getting the SEL if you do not buy it.
I've yet to see the AID. Ironically the salesman I have been talking to commented it was 'a little blurry' . At the time I wasn't looking for the SEL, so let the comment pass me by. He may have been commenting on the new version comparing it to the old version... Or maybe his eyes aren't that great!

You seem happy. Is he off the mark? And should I make sure I get a look at one (even if it isn't in a tiguan) ... I am assuming it is the same in all VWs?

Cheers in advance.

Return to “Introductions”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.