Deliveries suspended/Some dealerships closing.

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Wolfsburger

Re: Deliveries suspended/Some dealerships closing.

Post by Wolfsburger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:00 am

....never mind deliveries of new cars...and loss of servicing facilities (aka "preventative maintenance"......what about breakdown repairs, perhaps on cars that are both under warranty, and under contract to VW dealers?
Surely this is a bigger issue?

Closures of main dealers enmasse smacks a little of corporate arse covering, rather than providing any kind of support network for customers, some of whom will be relying on their vehicles for more than just nipping down the shops, or indeed for their normal business?

I did wonder about this industry in the early days of the crisis, when focus appeared to be on maintaining production of new cars, rather than maintaining functional mobility for customers, which could well include essential workers?
Tig 1. 2017. SE Nav, DSG, 4 Motion, Diesel 150, keyless with electric tailgate, after market towbar (Whitter)
Tig 2. 2020. As above, but "Match" trim.
Both leased.

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 am

My local dealer (Beadles - was Inchcape) have a skeleton staff to do the emergency stuff, but everything else is shut.

Our servicing department is closed for all non-urgent work until at least Tuesday 14th April 2020, in accordance with the government mandate. However we have a team available to handle emergency service needs for all customers. If you have an urgent servicing requirement or emergency, please email us at service@group1auto.co.uk
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey - 03/18-03/20 gone :(
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech Pure White - 03/20-../..

Wolfsburger

Post by Wolfsburger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:48 am

Lookers

Sales and Service closed from 23 March
Tig 1. 2017. SE Nav, DSG, 4 Motion, Diesel 150, keyless with electric tailgate, after market towbar (Whitter)
Both leased.

Wolfsburger

Post by Wolfsburger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am

Assuming most people awaiting delivery of a new car are very likely to already have a car of some sort?

Anybody currently dealing with VWFS?

At my routine change, a Couple of months ago, VWFS were unhelpful to the point of rudeness.
One of their cars going back, one being delivered.

Their delays (engine/approvals issues) were very much my problem to deal with....
I had to get the old car MOTd due to their lateness. No refund, no thanks, no acknowledgement - never mind compo!

They are now attempting to charge me additional rental on my old car, while it sat there (unused of course, I had no insurance cover on that car, after all it was not mine) alongside my new car, also on rent, because they had no drivers available to collect my old car!
I don't really mind too much paying rental on one car, but two... that's really taking the p1ss!
Insult to injury was that lease on 3 yo car was more expensive than 2 year lease on new car.

I'm thinking about back charging, not only for MOT and my time, but storage of their car on my premises.
Any thoughts?
Both leased.

John27

Post by John27 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:06 am

John27 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:09 pm
The government has said that showrooms etc should close but garages that carry out servicing and repairs can remain open. However, many dealers seem to have chosen to close completely. To be honest, I can't really blame them.

However, this does present a problem if, like me, your car is due its first year service (booked in my case, for 6 April) which was cancelled today (and told it will be rebooked when the dealer reopens, which could be weeks or even months away). I don't mind waiting as the car is fine and the mileage low but if I don't have the service completed timely within the manufacturers schedule, will they honour the warranty in the event I make a claim? My dealer didn't know the answer and referred me to VW UK Customer Services who I called straight away. At first, they seemed unaware that dealers were even closing but went away and said that although they hadn't heard anything from the manufacturer, if the dealer is having to close because of the virus, then they could see no reason why the warranty wouldn't be honoured in the future. Not exactly certainty and given some garages are still open (although I've not found a VW one near me), I wonder where I will stand in the future? I did say to customer services that they should add this to their list of FAQ's on the website as I will not be the only VW owner in this position.

As this all has happened in the last 24 hours, I plan to give it a week and follow up with customer services again. Hopefully by then, they will have some sensible answers. They took my details and if I get a firm answer, I will post it here.
UPDATE - VW's website has been updated. There are a lot of FAQs on issues concerning cars from delivery to servicing and repairs. In respect of my issue, the site says:-

"I am due to have my vehicle serviced but I am self-isolating/social distancing, if I miss my scheduled service does this invalidate my warranty?

Please be aware that many of our retailers have temporarily closed whilst a number remain open only for emergency work. Servicing a vehicle correctly is important but if the service is late it will not invalidate the warranty automatically. If you are unsure whether outstanding work is essential, please contact your local retailer to discuss this."

Seems VW are trying to address concerns as far as within their control.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion DSG - White with Vienna Leather, Head-up Display, TPMS, Side Scan & Voice Activation

Tophat571

Post by Tophat571 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:53 am

Listers accross the board. (From facebook).
My build was scheduled for week12 / 16th March. Who knows when or if I'll see it now. Just have to go with it and be patient.

Screenshot_20200327-094914.jpg

thejanners

Post by thejanners » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:31 pm

MikeC wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:20 pm
Inchcape are closing all dealerships temporarily with immediate effect
Inchcape Exeter closed - had email conformation yesterday (26/03/2020)
Tungsten Silver R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230 BHP

Russ123

Post by Russ123 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Six months of this now.