Window rubber trim

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Djhannan

Re: Window rubber trim

Post by Djhannan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:47 pm

I may be wrong, but I’m sure you have 14 days to reject the vehicle. Although that has passed, if you keep finding issues, tell the dealer you are not happy. Either want a different vehicle or some form of compensation. The latter may be better as the vehicle has been registered, ensured, etc

If you get any push back, I’d go straight to VW
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

Hillbilly

Post by Hillbilly » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Djhannan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:47 pm
I may be wrong, but I’m sure you have 14 days to reject the vehicle. Although that has passed, if you keep finding issues, tell the dealer you are not happy. Either want a different vehicle or some form of compensation. The latter may be better as the vehicle has been registered, ensured, etc

Come on I never heard such rubbish You cant reject a vehicle because the number plate is crooked.. For Gods sake..'Even with lemon laws it has to be a significant fault that impairs the correct running of the vehicle and you have to give VW at least 3 chances to fix it.. IF you go in and say I want another car because the plate is crooked the staff would line up to laugh you off the premises

Even with the OP's original problems which are really cosmetic you would hardly get a new car for them. MIne has a tiny chip in the rubber up the side of the screen on the drivers side like a stone has hit it. Hardly worth worrying about as it will no doubt get others
MY 19 Tiguan 162TSI R line with DAP and SOUND. White with lots of OBD mods
Blackvue 750 s and DR450 dashcams

Djhannan

Post by Djhannan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 am

If you are get getting a car which has seals broken and then dents in the roof, then I would say these are quite good grounds to reject it.

Like another poster said, if you start seeing all of these problems, what else could find a few weeks or months down the line.
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Hillbilly wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm
Djhannan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Come on I never heard such rubbish You cant reject a vehicle because the number plate is crooked.. For Gods sake..'Even with lemon laws it has to be a significant fault that impairs the correct running of the vehicle and you have to give VW at least 3 chances to fix it.. IF you go in and say I want another car because the plate is crooked the staff would line up to laugh you off the premises

Even with the OP's original problems which are really cosmetic you would hardly get a new car for them. MIne has a tiny chip in the rubber up the side of the screen on the drivers side like a stone has hit it. Hardly worth worrying about as it will no doubt get others
am sure the comment was based on all the issues added together not based on just one fault, the fact water has gotten inside the vehicle would be the most obvious issue.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Russ123

Post by Russ123 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Well i got the wheel changed today and guess what they have damaged it putting the tyre on . After 3 hours of waiting around i was keen to just get home. After further inspection of the wheel this is what i have found !. I have emailed them the picture this evening
I did speak to a manager about the roof lining and i was told they would need the car for at least 7 days to investigate it . He also offered me £100 in compensation.

20200629_195027.jpg

Lowl

Post by Lowl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:10 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such issues with your new car. It must be so frustrating and disappointing.

Ive just read this thread all the way through and I have to say if people are correct and you have 30 days to reject a car, is it just a coincidence that the dealer says he needs 7 days to investigate a stain he has already said he cant get out, which will take you over the 30 days from when you said you picked it up...

Has he confirmed what he will do to correct the stain after his investigations or could you be left with the usual "we couldn't find anything" and the stain remains?

I think you need reassurances of a resolution more than £100

Russ123

Post by Russ123 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello . The issue i have is that this is a lease/motability car and not sure if we would be able to reject it for cosmetic issues. The dealer said they would replace the roof lining but after investigating it. As this a motability car for my daughter who has a serious heart condition we do not want a loan car for 7 days or longer with the current covid issue at the moment. So i might suggest if we can have it looked at in September.
As for £100 compensation i found that an insult.

Lowl

Post by Lowl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 am

I'm sure you have the same legal rights as any other paying customer.

To be fair, whilst the £100 may be a low offer of compensation, which you can no doubt negotiate on, it does sound like the dealer is trying to resolve things. Assuming they will replace the wheel again you have been given reassurance they will replace the roof lining so you are hopefully getting closer to being able to enjoy the new car problem free.

It makes sense to satisfy the warranty claim that they try and find the cause of the problem before fixing it so hopefully it is just that and nothing more.

I hope they come up with a resolution that puts your mind at ease and gets you to finally enjoy the new car your daughter deserves.

milligan

Post by milligan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:50 am

I imagine the Motability people would be supportive if you wished to reject the car. I am sure VW would not want to **** the Motability people off with poor service or poor merchandise. Let them know your problems and let them deal with it since they are actually the owner of the car.
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDI 4M 190PS DSG, Tungsten Silver, TPMS
Ordered 11/6/2018
Handover 11/01/19 :D :D Only 214 days!!
Old AID fitted :roll:
Pano roof lights reinstated 16/10/19 :D :D :

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Russ123 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 pm
Well i got the wheel changed today and guess what they have damaged it putting the tyre on . After 3 hours of waiting around i was keen to just get home. After further inspection of the wheel this is what i have found !. I have emailed them the picture this evening
I did speak to a manager about the roof lining and i was told they would need the car for at least 7 days to investigate it . He also offered me £100 in compensation.20200629_195027.jpg
Oh dear, clearly done by someone who has not got a clue.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.