Tig Currently at "Build Stage"

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
AdamTig

Tig Currently at "Build Stage"

Post by AdamTig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 am

On the 21st of June me and my wife ordered a Tiguan RLine Tech "from stock"

There was two available in the spec we wanted. One that was 2to 4 weeks away, one at about 4 to 8 weeks away

Naturally we went for the sooner one so dealer gave us the lead time of 2 to 4 weeks as it was built and waiting at port

A few days later the dealer calls to say that the car we was going for was had already been reserved by another dealer. So we had to have the other one. This didnt matter to us as we wasnt in a major rush.

We had our order number expecting it to possibly being at port.

The order number shows the car being at stage 4 (the build stage)

Now i thought as the model was being discontinued for the facelift that production had stopped at the factory

So do you guys think that the car is possibly already built and at port ?
Or am I going to have a very long wait for the facelift ?

Obviously its just a guess

My dealer or vw dont seem to know but im still being told end of july

Many thanks in advance☺

Djhannan

Re: Tig Currently at "Build Stage"

Post by Djhannan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 pm

You would think the dealer could tell you, surely there must be some sort of reference on the model of the car.
I don't think it will be the new version as only images have been released, nothing is available on VW UK yet relating to the different models, models, price, etc.
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 am

Indeed, the VW site says the facelift will be available in several months.
They are probably building 'stock' models and aren't taking specific orders. That's not to say you couldn't find one that is going to be built with what you want on it. To my mind they are running down the 'parts bin' to get ready for retooling for the facelift.
Same thing happens with all models.
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Lowl

Post by Lowl » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm

They are still building the current model. I am build week 27 which is this week.

I was told by my dealer that the factory is behind from lockdown but hoping to have the build weeks back up to date by the end of July. So mine should be built between now and end July.

I think you just cant place a new order but they will continue to build what's been ordered or dealer stock orders.

The fact your second option was behind the first implies it probably is in the build stage, whereas the first was possibly built and awaiting shipping.

I dont think anyone who has ordered a MY20 would get a new model without paying the no doubt price increase!