• <t>Yes</t>

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • <t>No</t>

Votes: 5 71.4%
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine has had 2 small OTA updates recently, prior to going in for service and recall/fixes - both installed OTA in under 1 minute.

It was also on map version 21.5 (2021, May) before the service, and within a couple of days, it had downloaded OTA the very latest map version 21.8 (2021, August)

Radio version also changed from 1.30.16 to 1.30.24 as a result of the firmware update, but haven't seen any obvious changes with that

Digital camera Reflex camera Gadget Plant Camera

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Further to my previous post. My software version did not change after the update i mentioned in last post. I think it was perhaps a map update, so no OTA update that i thought i had.

·
Registered
250 Posts
So, a further, further update to my previous posts on this thread.
Quick recap - Randomly get the 90/110 road signs in dynamic roadsigns display, Sat Nav jigging around all over the place, and irregular and unexpected slowing down when under ACC.
Add to the list now fairly regulate SOS call errors appearing (there are other threads on this).
Diagnosed with a from camera fault 3 Aug this year, and despite me telling VW dealer it needed system update from 0270-0278 they denied all knowledge. Told me a 2 week wait for part. Chased in Sept and said they'd get back to me.
They didn't.
Rang Monday last, told someone would get back to me.
They didn't

Anyway, trip to Bournemouth last week. Got as far as Severn Bridge (from Cardiff) before SOS call error came up. Sat Nav started playing silly buggers in Bath (couldn't even work out which road I was on). stopped car, switched engine back on and system wouldn't load user profile - nothing. No radio, sat nav, anything on info screen. basically all info screen u/s. Luckily we had a road atlas. Remember them?

At a stop called my dealer - reminded them they said someone would get back to me. Person said service manager would call me back.
He didn't, but person who first dealt with my call did (and apologised). Told me part still not in and 4/5 others waiting for same camera part and although system said 2 week wait, he had no idea how long it would be - bear in mind I've been waiting since 3rd August so far.
Explained sat nav/ info screen issue, and he (FINALLY) told me there was a recall against the car for a software update. Told him I wanted that done straight away and camera will just have to wait until part arrives.
Now booked in for this coming Weds for an all day diagnostic and s/w update.
By the way, info screen didn't reset all day - worked the following day and been ok since, but now worrying it'll go wrong every time I get in the car.
Shocking QA issues by VW and for once, not very good service from my dealer.
Will update after next Weds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not good - be firm with them and persist

Print off that TPI I put on the earlier page that relates to the 0278 software version update for resolution of the ACC/mph/kmh issues and show them.

Mine had a service, the software update, the SOS software recall and another unrelated fault all fixed in one day, one visit, and that was with the garage not even starting it till after 11am, so it seems like a competent technician can do it seamlessly.

Reactions: davehep

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok, latest update.

Into dealer today at 8am. Just picked up now (4pm).
They applied the system software update 0270 to 0278, and say that that (should) fix:
  1. Problems with road sign displays and the other ACC issues I’d reported (noted in my earlier posts in this thread).
  2. Problems with MIB3 unit randomly freezing
They also told me they’d applied ”another update” for an outstanding recall that fixes the SOS Call error that’s been popping up on and off for a couple of months.

Looking at the screenshot of the system menu it also looks like they’ve also updated the navigation software and media codec (see pre and post images below)

Finally, and interestingly, you'll recall when the car originally went in for diagnostics on 3rd August they told me there was a front camera fault and I needed a new unit. Today they told me they'd taken the original unit out but then realised that the software update(s) actually fixed the problem with the camera (so apparently it WAS software not hardware), and they’ve now replaced the original unit.

So, all being well it’s all sorted. I'm off on holiday to Devon for a week next Friday, so will be making extensive use of sat nav (and possibly ACC) so we'll see.

Fingers crossed.

pre updates
Plant Black Gadget Line Font

post updates
Rectangle Font Gadget Mobile device Parallel

Reactions: davehep

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Hi All - Good news there is now an official recall for this issue from VW. Contact your garage and book in.

There was also a secondary issue that affects your SOS emergency. You would see a vehicle notification to call into a workshop and be unable to use your hands free phone correctly.this is also fixed.

I’ve had the upgraded software for a week or so. The original issue is now fixed but it appears that the ACC now does not sync exactly with your position on the road. It will slow down for the roundabout after you e gone past it. Also slowing down for stopped traffic is delayed.

I took a technician out to show him the problem. He was uncomfortable and reaching for the brake on about 4 occasions when the ACC tried to kill is both and didn’t apply the brakes!

Will persist with this issue with the garage for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Ok, latest update.

Into dealer today at 8am. Just picked up now (4pm).
They applied the system software update 0270 to 0278, and say that that (should) fix:
  1. Problems with road sign displays and the other ACC issues I’d reported (noted in my earlier posts in this thread).
  2. Problems with MIB3 unit randomly freezing
They also told me they’d applied ”another update” for an outstanding recall that fixes the SOS Call error that’s been popping up on and off for a couple of months.

Looking at the screenshot of the system menu it also looks like they’ve also updated the navigation software and media codec (see pre and post images below)

Finally, and interestingly, you'll recall when the car originally went in for diagnostics on 3rd August they told me there was a front camera fault and I needed a new unit. Today they told me they'd taken the original unit out but then realised that the software update(s) actually fixed the problem with the camera (so apparently it WAS software not hardware), and they’ve now replaced the original unit.

So, all being well it’s all sorted. I'm off on holiday to Devon for a week next Friday, so will be making extensive use of sat nav (and possibly ACC) so we'll see.

Fingers crossed.

pre updates
View attachment 8528
post updates
View attachment 8529
Great news - how is it approaching bends and roundabouts. Mine is still sluggish at responding to the changing road so will go too fast around roundabouts. Literally tried to do 70 on a dual carriageway roundabout. (Although no longer doing 20mph in 30mph zones which didn’t seem sign post related.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ok so I’m taking my car in again for investigation due to the SOS issue continuing after the recall software update. It happens pretty much every time I go out low!

Good news though! I’ve found a way of rebooting / reconnecting. When you get the issue it’s usually due to low signal strength (my best guess based on mobiles phones dropping out in the same areas!), so press the red sos button and it will attempt to reconnect when the signal has returned.

This means you don’t need to turn the car off and on again. When it has reconnected it will attempt to call the sos service but you can cancel straight away.

Why the sos service is linked to the Sat nav in such a way that navigation becomes useless as well is anyone guess!

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,017 Posts
To relay your position?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts